Attempt 4 With My 10 Gallon... Stocking Ideas?

goldfish98

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, fishless cycle done. And i've had it with platys. I love em, but they don't last. My LFS usually only has Platys, Swordtails, Glofish, tetras, and mollys. What would be best for my tank? PH is 6.5

Im sorry but none of those are compatible with a 10gallon :/

What? Then why do they sell 5 gallon glofish tanks? :eek:

goldfish98 said:
What? Then why do they sell 5 gallon glofish tanks?
ohmy.png
Because it makes them money, simple as that, I'm afraid :(

What are the dimensions of your tank, and what tetra species does your LFS have?

They usually only have neons, but I saw one black phantom before. What size tank do glofish need?

Glofish are zebra danios and need at least a three foot long tank, as they're very active.

I know someone that had a 10 gallon glofish tank, they seemed pretty happy, they were nippy little brats. One was always chasing the other.

They can be incredibly nippy, if not in a large enough shoal; at least six, preferably eight or ten.

What are the dimensions of your tank?

I'm considering a betta fish actually. I already have one and he is absolutely lovely. 

Hang on, let me measure it for you. 

20 inches wide, 10 tall, 10 deep.

i would make it a low tech planted aquarium. assorted shrimp with the beta as the show fish and have nano fish for schooling. think they are called galaxy tetra. then when the tank is very stable etc look for otos. try to get them tank bred as when they are caught from the wild they die very quick.

Really? I had an otto before. He survived a month more than the three platys and one sword. I think he was pretty hardy. 

What do you think about the betta? Would a 10g be fine for just one? I want to start with only one.

Only one male would work. And I think if you do a female tank they have to be added all at the same time....

And it needs to be heavily planted, id suggest just a mae betta and some shrimp. 

i would say either 5 platys or 8 neons with a couple snails for cleaning would work well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back