At What Size Will I Be Able To Sex My Bn Plecos?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

attibones

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I have a trio of juvie albino BN plecos. One of them got rather chunky rather quickly, one grew a fair amount, and I still have a little one. All three were purchased from the same store on the same day some time in April. They are very active (and silly) and eat well. However, I would like to know if I've got a mixed trio or not. None of them have developed any bristles, and I'm unsure of how old they are. I just know that they've been in my care for a few months.

I'm out of town now, so I can't get any pictures of them, but I would like to get a ballpark estimate. How old are the males when they start bristling up? Roughly what size do they achieve before doing this? Are there any other ways to sex my three friends? 

i am not 100% sure my self either would like to know tho mine is around 2" long now and still no bristles but not sure if its female or male? haha i hope someone can tell us 

My largest one is closer to three inches. While they all three seem to have a similar body shape, this one is longer and broader.

Most reactions

trending

Back