At last, after weeks of searching

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Snagrio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After yet another fruitless search yesterday, I was out again today and decided to try the PetSmart across the road from my usual haunt just for kicks. Don't usually go there but figured hey I was already back in the area so might as well look just to leave no stones unturned.

To my utter surprise, I found them.

Black neon tetras, 20 strong and in good condition. Didn't let the opportunity slip me by and cleaned out the entire display tank.
IMG_20210308_141346623.jpg

As a bonus, in the adjacent tank there was one lone glowlight that kept desperately swimming towards the black neons for security so I decided to bring it along for the ride (it's just below the "grant" in the image).
IMG_20210308_141325691.jpg

Some pics of them swimming freely.
IMG_20210308_152029619.jpg
IMG_20210308_152036408.jpg

Once the quarantine period is finished I'll have my years-long dream of a massive mixed shoal of neons and black neons come to fruition. Today is a good day.

After yet another fruitless search yesterday, I was out again today and decided to try the PetSmart across the road from my usual haunt just for kicks. Don't usually go there but figured hey I was already back in the area so might as well look just to leave no stones unturned.

To my utter surprise, I found them.

Black neon tetras, 20 strong and in good condition. Didn't let the opportunity slip me by and cleaned out the entire display tank.
View attachment 131167

As a bonus, in the adjacent tank there was one lone glowlight that kept desperately swimming towards the black neons for security so I decided to bring it along for the ride (it's just below the "grant" in the image).
View attachment 131168

Some pics of them swimming freely.
View attachment 131169
View attachment 131170

Once the quarantine period is finished I'll have my years-long dream of a massive mixed shoal of neons and black neons come to fruition. Today is a good day.
That's awesome! I'm glad you finally found those stunning fish. Also happy that you took the glofish, so sweet! Best of luck with your new friends!

That's awesome! I'm glad you finally found those stunning fish. Also happy that you took the glofish, so sweet! Best of luck with your new friends!
For all I know I saved it from a cruel fate of ending up on someone's Tik Shlock video where it gets put into an ultra tiny "tank" and dies within a day. That tends to happen with random loner fish in display tanks.

This little one however is going to live out a life of luxury in a big roomy system with dozens of other schooling fish to hang with. As things should be.

Awesome man!

Black Neons are hard to come by were I live. If they are in stock, they usually only have 1 or 2.

Great find. :good:

Nice!

I'm a sucker for lone fish left in store tanks too.. adorable! Happy you found the fish you wanted, sounds like a stunning display!

I love black neons! Have a school in QT for my 120 gallon, got them off The Wet Spot. Horay for saving the glowlight. I saw one diamond tetra at a Petsupplies plus and rescued it. They didn't have a label and the person had no clue when I told him I wanted the diamond tetra...if I buy a group of fish and see there are 2-3 left, I will usually add those so they aren't all stressed out.?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back