Assassin Snail, Killer Snail, Bumble Bee Snail.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Common Name/s: Assassin Snail, Killer Snail, Bumble Bee Snail.

Scientific Name/s: Anentome helena, Clea helena, Anentome cleo.

Family:

Origin: Indonesia

Maximum Size: 0.5-1 " (1.3-2.5cm)

Minimum Tank Size: 5 US Gallons (18.9L)

Life Span: 2-5 years

Care: This snail thrives in a well maintained tank with good water flow. It prefers a sandy substrate to sift through.

Preferred Temperature: 73 -80 °F (22.8-26.7°C)

Preferred PH: 7.2 - 8.0

Feeding: This snail relishs other snails for dinner, and will willingly rid your tank of troublesome Ramshorn Snails, Pond Snails and even small Malaysian Trumpet Snails, they will hunt them down and suck them out of their own shells. When these are not available, it can be supplemented with pellet foods, they will also sift through detritus.

Breeding: 1:1 M:F, Difficult to sex. Not hermaphrodites and need a male and female counterpart in order to reproduce. Growth rate is slow and eggs are laid singly under water.

Notes: From watching the two that I bought a couple of weeks ago I’ve only ever seen the smaller
one of the two eat other snails. This doesn’t mean they are not but, they seem to leave the smaller snails alone. Maybe they know there are a few MTS in the gravel. I did read some where that they only stay on the bottom but, I don’t think this is true as mine have no problem racing up and down the glass.

AssassinSnail1.jpg

AssassinSnail2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back