Asian fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Waterstrider

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Iā€™m looking forward to a future Asian planted tank. Yes I have too many project ideas!
Fish or other critters would have to be ok with plants. Iā€™ve looked at gourami, orange chromide and or a shark as a central large fish, more then 1 if possible.
Iā€™m also looking for a school. Question1 is while I know a lot about sharks and gourami, Iā€™d love to know people experiences. For example how big a tank did you need to keep other bottom dwellers with your shark or good Asian schooling fish with gourami

White clouds make a nice school although they don't "school" us such, they just do their own thing. I don't think Asia does tetras but there are lots of rasbora species.

I would go with the rainbow sharks over the red tails because the red tails get pretty big and more aggressive. By Asian tank you mean strictly Asian fish right?

Yes there could, I donā€™t know any off the top of my head but you could probably get more than one shark in there. Make sure if you do get other bottom dwellers that you watch them carefully and feed them well to ease aggression. If you notice any fish getting bullies depending on which fish you like more you should remove the bully or the one that is bullied.

If I had a shark and gourami- differed zones, the other part would be what schools would be compatible with both? Iā€™ve had tiger barbs and would be concerned with them nipping the gourami and Iā€™ve heard danios annoy both. Thoughts?
I like cherry barbs but I think theyā€™re a bit small with a shark

Actually Iā€™ve never done Rasbora. Can they handle medium -hard water or are they strictly soft? I mean I know some are listed as soft that actually do just as well in medium but Iā€™ve got no experience with them
Rasbora can handle all water but prefer soft.

Red tail and rainbow sharks can reach 5-6 inches long and require a tank that is at least 4 foot long.

Orange Chromides should be kept in a single species tank or a tank with small peaceful fishes. They will not do well with medium or large gouramis and sharks aren't the best tank mates for them either.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back