ASAP!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Snailguy101

Moved On
Reaction score
Well I bumped my fan over and it hit my 29 gallon coldwater now theres a crack in it with a bit of water leaking theres a bubble eyed goldfish and a fancy tail My only option is to move them to a 10 gallon for a week Will they be fine? and how do i fix this?

The g. Fish are about 3-4 " The 10 gallon is empty but it was in cycling I was planning it for tetras but this event happened now the goldfish need to use it they are in it now and are swimming happily now my concern is the crack

I don't know much about fixing cracked tanks, as I have never had one. Make sure you put the filter from the 29 gal tank into the 10 gal, simply because it will have a bio laod capable of handling those fish. Have you read the pinned topics in the DIY and hardware sections? They MIGHT have something in there...

Yea I put the air filter thing in it from the 29 gall the 120 gallon filter and the 29 gallon filter ok ill look there

Well I bumped my fan over and it hit my 29 gallon coldwater now theres a crack in it with a bit of water leaking theres a bubble eyed goldfish and a fancy tail My only option is to move them to a 10 gallon for a week Will they be fine? and how do i fix this?

I saw on youtube a guy put an old plastic (clear) cd case over a large crack in his tank. It worked. Heres what he did, although I would use something a bit classier for your tank. 1. clean the area, and make sure it is dry. 2. clean your patch, dry also. 3. take clear, silicone epoxy or caulk that is water proof (make sure it states on the tube it is safe for aquarium/fish) cover the entire piece of patch and I mean the whole thing. 4. quickly stick it to the outside of your cracked tank and hold till it is secure. 5. let dry for the suggested amount of time according to your type of adhesive. 6. after letting it dry for a couple days, fill with water and set aside to monitor for any leaks and to make sure your patch has worked. 6. if all is well, acclimate your fish again since you wil be adding new water. hope it works, it may not be the most prettiest way to patch a crack but it will work.

another old thread from 2005, so don't get too carried away with it :)

I'd highly suggest looking for a new tank. A tank that size is not that much and you'll have a nice brand new tank to work with (if you buy it new) A used tank would be very cheap, but may take some time to find.

Always be sure to keep your filter media bacteria alive so you can switch it over along with everything else to any tank you desire so you don't loose your cycle.

Take this as a temporary fix that needs attention asap. Aside from the cosmetic issue, you can walk home to many gallons of tank water on your floor at any given moment. It really isn't worth the stress....and if you don't have a backup plan for this issue things can be even worse.

Quite a while ago, I had an old tank spring a leak and hand nowhere to put the fish. Since then, I keep a large plastic tote designated for an emergency tank. I've only used it once when moving fish, but it's well worth the few dollars it costs incase something bad happens.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back