Arrrrghhhhh I Need A Bigger House!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm no expert but I would place the rock as you have it there in the picture and let them all swim round and in front of it, sound ok ?
It will be nice having a variety of species, area , colour, I don't know anything about Malawis but have seen some real nice ones on this forum :good: Looking forward to seeing what you both choose for the tank :good:

As for the the new tank I have finally took the plunge, got a deal on 20 baby Tropheus Duboisi, I know I know they will outgrow the tank, but that only means one thing, upgrade to a bigger one :lol:
As for the usual dithering I was nearly changing today, 5 punks, 2 goldhead comps or 2 black calvus, 2 pearl occies :good: but I'm sticking with the Tropheus so watch this space.

Back to your tank, I like the rockwork you have there, you must have bought a stack of it from fleabay, or did you remove some from your tank a while back, looking forward to seeing your new tank up and running, JEALOUS :lol:

Hmm, I`m ok about how the 'build' looks to a point.....I just don`t know if I`d need a bit more of the rock. I did take some out of the middle section of the Tang tank a while ago. I bought approx 75kg before but may have to look at getting another 12.5kg from fleabay. :unsure:

I`m using the darker limpopo sand, it`s kind of like a dark grey speckled colour so I`m hoping it isn`t too much of a contrast between the rock and sand. The fish I think will majoritively be the same species as Mark has, perhaps one or two different, hubby definately wants the sunsets though :lol:
I have to do some reading as when we were at MA today we saw some lovely Red Peacocks, their colouring was stunning but I`m not sure if I could add them to the list I`ve got so far.....I`ll give the guy Mark dealt with a call this week and have a chat with him before I decide on a definate stocking :look:

So the Duboisi are a definate deal?? Can`t wait to see it all done! They may well grow on but you`re not daft, you know what you`re doing ;)
The punks, comps, calvus and occies option would win it hands down for me :lol:

The powerhead, light controller, heaters and pond pump are all despatched from fleabay now so fingers crossed they`ll be here asap :kana: :yahoo:

Well, the filter floss has arrived to replace what I`ll be transferring from the FX5, but none of the other stuff has turned up :shout: :shout: All the stuff was despatched first thing yesterday morning via first class so I`m annoyed it hasn`t been delivered :grr: :grr: (not that I`m impatient or anything) :blush: :lol:
I`ve bought another 20kg of ocean rock which should be here tomorrow :rolleyes:

Looks like it`s going to be Thursday before the plumbing can be done so I won`t be ordering any fish until next Monday :grr:

Arrrrghhhhh I need a hand up the stairs :lol:

Tank arrived this morning :hyper:
Built the stand up failry quickly :hyper:
Looking good, not sure about the filter, it looks a bit dinky :unsure:
The tank is sitting on the kitchen floor, I'm still not over the worst of this virus and I can't carry it upstairs myself :no: :sad:

Oh well I'll just need to my feet up and have one of these :nod:

Photo0860.jpg

elise have you decided on what fish youre having yet? might i recommend Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "maingano" http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=756

i bought one today and its a beuatiful fish

Well, the filter floss has arrived to replace what I`ll be transferring from the FX5, but none of the other stuff has turned up :shout: :shout: All the stuff was despatched first thing yesterday morning via first class so I`m annoyed it hasn`t been delivered :grr: :grr: (not that I`m impatient or anything) :blush: :lol:
I`ve bought another 20kg of ocean rock which should be here tomorrow :rolleyes:

Looks like it`s going to be Thursday before the plumbing can be done so I won`t be ordering any fish until next Monday :grr:

Don't talk to me about deliveries, tank came ok, received eggcrate, sand came in from warehouse aquatics, wrong stuff :grr: seriously just p***edd on my parade, ordered 2 bags fine grade cichlid sand and got 2 bags black live sand planting substrate ?
I have always used these guys and really rate the service, shame then one time I really need the stuff it's wrong :lol:

Arrrrghhhhh I need a hand up the stairs :lol:

Tank arrived this morning :hyper:
Built the stand up failry quickly :hyper:
Looking good, not sure about the filter, it looks a bit dinky :unsure:
The tank is sitting on the kitchen floor, I'm still not over the worst of this virus and I can't carry it upstairs myself :no: :sad:

Oh well I'll just need to my feet up and have one of these :nod:

Photo0860.jpg

Don't talk to me about deliveries, tank came ok, received eggcrate, sand came in from warehouse aquatics, wrong stuff :grr: seriously just p***edd on my parade, ordered 2 bags fine grade cichlid sand and got 2 bags black live sand planting substrate ?
I have always used these guys and really rate the service, shame then one time I really need the stuff it's wrong :lol:

It`s definately 'one of those days' huh :shout: :shout: :shout: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you going to do about the sand then? :unsure: I`ve just gone with the Unipac dark sand....easiest option coz I couldn`t be @rsed to trawl more websites :blush: :lol:

How will you manage with the tan, will the missis be able to help? I have to wait until my Son comes in this evening to get a roll mat put under the tank as there`s nothing between the tank and unit....I`m not looking forward to just me and him lifting the tan as it weighs a ton!....ok slight exaggeration but it weighs lots :hyper: :lol:

While I was on the phone to the breeder where I`ll be ordering my fish, the stuff from fleabay turned up.......just need to leave a msg with the lad who`s doing the plumbing and hopefully it`ll all get done tomorrow.....fingers crossed :look:

elise have you decided on what fish youre having yet? might i recommend Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "maingano" http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=756

i bought one today and its a beuatiful fish
Thanks for the recommendation but I`ve decided on the pseudotropheus neon spot :good:

I stuck a couple of posts on my never ending "almost there" thread, I gave up in the end and just carrid it upstairs, looks nice :good:
As for the sand they said they will collect there stuff tomorrow and I'll have mine Thursday (at work Thursday) :grr: I think it was someone new I was speaking to as they did sound unsure, will email tonight and try sort it out. Supposed to be putting some fish in this weekend :rolleyes: doubtful now though, I have 29kg of brand new unwanted pea gravel, a new gravel cleaner, food, stuff for filter and dechlor, thermometer and a background.. Think I'll be posting in the classifieds :lol:

I stuck a couple of posts on my never ending "almost there" thread, I gave up in the end and just carrid it upstairs, looks nice :good:
As for the sand they said they will collect there stuff tomorrow and I'll have mine Thursday (at work Thursday) :grr: I think it was someone new I was speaking to as they did sound unsure, will email tonight and try sort it out. Supposed to be putting some fish in this weekend :rolleyes: doubtful now though, I have 29kg of brand new unwanted pea gravel, a new gravel cleaner, food, stuff for filter and dechlor, thermometer and a background.. Think I'll be posting in the classifieds :lol:

Oh the joys...NOT!! :crazy: :lol:

Was just about to reply on you thread :good:

Plumbing on the new tank will be done this afternoon, 20kg of ocean rock has been delivered this morning so providing the tank runs ok over the weekend the fish will be ordered on Monday :D

Plumbing on the new tank will be done this afternoon, 20kg of ocean rock has been delivered this morning so providing the tank runs ok over the weekend the fish will be ordered on Monday :D

Looks like Santa has arrived early :lol:

That's what my house looked like yesterday, kid in a sweet shop opening all the boxes :lol: Enjoy :good:
Just out of couriosity are you getting the fish from Mike or local this time ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back