Arizona Aqua Gardens

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Charles W. Coles

Reaction score
I made the mistake last month of shopping for Marbled Hatchetfish and Mature Bristle nosed Plecostomus and I unfortunately found Arizona Aqua Gardens. I ordered 2 LARGE 2inch Bristle Nosed Plecostomus and 8 Marbled Hatchetfish. When they arrived it was 4 weeks later, 6 Hatchetfish were not only dead but decaying in the bag and 1 that was still barely alive. my math is pretty bad but that is only 7 fish and I ordered 8 not only that but I paid for 8 and I also paid extra for LARGE Bristle Nosed Pleco's but I got Baby Bristles. They give three phone numbers but nobody answers their phones they don't reply to text messages no means of communication whatsoever.

If you ordered fish online and had them shipped to your house, you should photograph the fish in the bags and video them too. Video the bags being opened and test the water in the bags for ammonia. This way you will have some photographic evidence to support your claims the fish were dead in the back and you only received 7 instead of 8.

If you paid for adult bristlenose catfish and they sent you baby fish, they should refund you the difference.

Write down the time and day you received the shipment and keep this info.

If you can, send them an email describing the problem, and add the photos of the fish in the bags. Keep everything in writing so if it goes to consumer protection or court (hopefully it won't end up there), then you will have documented proof of everything said and done.

Keep records of when you try to contact the company and when you actually manage to contact them, as well as anything that is said. Emails are good for this because it is written down and you can refer back to it. And if Jo Bloggs says they didn't but their earlier emails says they did, it adds proof to your case.
eg:
Friday 22 March 2019, 5:00pm, tried to phone the company but no answer.
Saturday 23 March 2019, 10:08am, tried to phone the company but no answer.
Saturday 23 March 2019, 10:20am, sent email to company complaining of dead fish. included photos.

I also had a very bad experience with these guys. I wish I had done more research beforehand as they have an F rating with the BBB. DOA fish and no response to email or phone calls. It took writing an email stating I was coming to visit them at their location to get a response. Then all I received was a credit for the dead fish. It was not enough to cover the shipping of replacement fish. This is the short story...............Now I do a lot more research and know not to trust the top google search in maters of live fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back