Argos Childrens Sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kod88

Reaction score
looked at the pros and cons for using childrens sand and in the end decided to go for it but need to know whats the best way to clean it throughly before putting in my tank, any advice? thanks

Put it in a bucket or bowl, run some water into it while swishing it around, then poor off the water.

Dont be afraid to lose a bit of sand just keep doing it until the sand settles within a few seconds when you stop "swishing"

Hope that helps :good:

do that untill the water turns clear in the bucket, may take a while but its worth it! argos sand is brilliant really goods good :hyper:

i use argos play sand to, looks real nice and cheap aswell. I put it in a 5 gall brewing bucket, fill to the 20 ltr mark with water and stir it all up, let the sand settle then pour of the water. repeat until the water is clear (7 or 8 fills usually)

They still aren't adding anti-fungal agents to my knowledge, as per other brands - but check the packaging carefully to be sure :)

I wanted much lighter/white sand in my tank. I ended up buying silica online, more expensive, but more aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion.

Heard many people recommend Argos sand though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back