argh damn sea apples

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bodasafa

Reaction score
a week ago i bought a sea apple and to day i got up and all my fish in my 260 gal were dead i knew the risk and its my fault but damn i have had my clown trigger for years aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man this sucks like $500.00 in fish plus the pain of loseing them my fish are my freinds man they all have personalty oh well time to start over ............well queastion do i have to do a water change and how much like i said it 260 gal.

Yes, you should DEFINITELY do a water change. The apple spews out all of its internal organs, including its gonads, digestive system, respiratory system, and more. You should try to change the entire system volume at once, to get out as much of the poison as possible.

I understand that you have a big tank (260; wow!), but you should still change as much of the water as you can, as quick as you can. That way, you'll prevent the poisons from settling into the coral, substrate, etc.

Sorry about your tank, bodasafa. :sad: :-(

For sea apples, you should only run them in a tank by themselves, or in a species tank. If you put one in with your trigger, the trigger would have aggravated it into dumping all this stuff into your water. If it's any comfort, any fish put in with an apple will eventually provoke it into dumping all this stuff. They're very sensitive.

Sorry again. :-( :byebye: :dunno:

sorry to hear that. pleanty of water changes and cram pleanty of carbon in to the filter like ostrow said.

ste :sad:

Boda, I feel for you man. This happened to me with a Cuke. This was the most awful moment in my Saltwater career.

I did two 50% water changes, and then waited three months in terror of adding more fish.

There are plusses. You now have a very good idea of the type of fish you like, so you can really plan you rnext stocking options.

You can have a lot of fun buying invertibrates for a while, they are unaffected.

Your Pod population will explode!

Carry on, all will get better.

GL

jams.alaskan said:
I don't even know how to begin to comfort you........ this is way beyond my level of expertise. Please except this hug.....

ALASKA
Ya, what alaska said..........so sorry *HUG* :sad:

SORRY for your losses, BUT this should help OUTHER guy's an gal's PLEASE READ about what you want to keep BEFOR you buy it. this is the BIGGEST MISTAKE anyone can ever make. have fun w/ your water change, an enjoy the hobby
GOOD LUCK GOOD REEFIN 8)

The sea apple should be renamed "The Obi-Wan", after the phrase "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine..."

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back