Are You Happy With Your Current Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ben1987

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
as the title says really! whats good about your tank and what would you change? Where do you see your tank in the future?

Mine:
Good:
im happy with the LPS i have
Like my fish - no bullying
like my rock scape

Bad
Quite noisy
Wish i had gone closed loop
Lots of emty space, hope to fill with corals.

Spec. 120L with 60L sump, 150W halide with LED's, V2 400 skimmer

Then the future.
I will find out soon if i get my application for a new job accepted. Then i if i get it i will be considering an upgrade. Hopefully a bit more high-tech and built around my favourate two fish
Fish-Achilles-tang-00sm.jpg

powder_blue_surgeon.jpg

I do know both can be a PITA with itch and WS but ive also read as many sucess stories.

reason for thread: So bored :p

Good:
happy with my fish choices
happy with my corals
i like my rockwork

Bad:
My tank is kind of noisy to
need to replace my bioballs with live rock
cyno wont go away~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

good:
easy to maintain
fun to watch :]
i like my rock, lots of coraline

bad:
not big enough
i dont have many corals no $$....

Good
Easy to take care of
Lots of great corals
Great to watch

Bad
No wavemotion effect
No autotopoff
Too small

Ski just about sums up my situation to a tee.

Good

Love my fish
corals doing well
Quiet

Not so good

Don't like my aquascape (after numerous rockfalls)
Emerald Crab (causing rockfalls)
And the norm.............would like bigger tank

The future

Planning Lionfish Tank :drool:

Good
Healthy fish all getting along.
Happy with the stats.
Like the aquascaping.

Bad
Lots of space to fill with corals which will cost alot.
Would like a bigger sump.
Oh and the amount of nori that the 5yellow tangs, coral beauty angel and foxface eat, its a lot :rolleyes:

C'mon Ski, UPGRADE :)

Lol Ben, hate to dissapoint but this is it for a while. Not upgrading till I own my own home and can put a 180g in the wall. And it's gonna be a good 2-3 years before I buy a house so I've gotta live with what I have for now

GOOD
1)good fish choices so far (2 juv blackwhte clowns (1") and a two spot blenny (1 1/8"), plent of hermits, arrow, coral banded, small snails
2)healthy habitat and good simple filtration (13 gallon, 4 powerheads, built in back chambers for crushed LR, chaeto, sponge filtration and HOB)....the cyano has been conquered too
3)Lighting is decent and is about to be upgraded

BAD
size of tank too small (think a 29 would be perfect). not liking frequent water changes
aquascape could use some help I think. And not diggining the coraline growing EVERYWHERE (wah!...but its really mucking up viewing pleasure)

Good
1) Fish selection good and peacefull no illness for two years now (Thats the mark of doom)
2) Just adjusted my rockwork and now hides 90% of my equipment and plenty of space made for corals
3) Soft coarls are doing v.well
4) At a point now its easy to maintain (over come a war with Manjano, Hair algae and Cyno problems)
5) Blissfully quiet from my origianl setup
6) Great to look at, fun to watch and friends and family with topicals are envious of it.

Bad
1) Brought to small a tank could do with bigger lots bigger
2) Wish i had added a sump to put my skimmer in and get rid of the HOB refugirum
3) Poor starting choices of equipment has caused me to upgrade everthing and still not really finished, next project the ligting and increased circulation then i will be there i think..!!!!!, (it seems never ending)
4) Needs more inverts and softies to fill it
5) Need a pay rise to pay for all LOL (Oh the expense of it all)

Hi Jp

really nice to hear about your tank - how about starting a journel with some photos, pretty please :D

Seffie x

Good

Bigger than the old Marine setup
In the font room so always viewable
relatively quiet
Like my stocking

Bad
Not big enough lol
Not quite in correct position for est viewing but to move involves a whole front room shuffle!
Not sumped so equipment visable etc.

Lol this thread is pretty old...

Good:
Nice healthy fish
Nice healthy corals

Bad:
Algae
Not big enough
Not enough corals

I probably won't be upgrading (unfortunately) but I'll probably get a few corals with my christmas money. XD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back