Are U Really Satisfied With Ur Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm semi happy with my 240L tank, I like the way I've arranged it all but not happy with the background / gravel. I bought the tank second hand back in january and didn't realise the 3d foam background was caked in hair algae, as was all the decor, also the 'sand fall' that was in their reaked of ammonia, I nearly passed out when I smelt it! Needless to say that got taken out straightaway!

Anyway I've battled with the hair algae on that foam background ever since! Everytime I think I've pulled it all out and finally got rid, I notice a patch here and there so I bung a load of anti hair algae in and pull it all out again! I also hate the gravel because it's mainly white but has some yellow in too which I think looks awful! I really want to change to sand but it's having the motivation to do it as it's gonna take ages and I can only do it at night because don't want to attempt something like that in the day with my toddler running around!

My goldfish tank is too small for them, but hopefully I'll be getting them a 4 or 5ft 'er soon, I recently changed the layout of it and even though I'm not a big fan of the decor it looks much better and bigger then before.

My cory tank looks good apart from the gravel, I want to change that to sand as well but I'm going to wait for a bit to do that because I recently added some pandas and I want them to settle in for a few more weeks before messing them about. I love the pagodas & japanese bridge I have in it.

My fav tank(looks wise) is my bettas, it's nice and simple black fine gravel, 2 real plants, 1 fake and a few small plant pots for him to hide in, he loves it, I love it! I think it looks really good beacuse it's black / green(plants) and it makes his vibrant red colour stand out even more!

So on the whole I'm satisfied with my tanks but there's alot of room for improvement!

my tank is fine i guess, only because i filled it up with plants... lol but i think im going to change it around but im gonna wait a month or 2 so i can see how it is then. the only issue i have with it, is its too small... lol

I'm not really happy with either of my tanks at the moment but on a tight budget I can't do much about it. Although, as was said ealier so long as the water is ok and the fish are happy thats something to be satisfied about right?

i love my tank now

but all i need is the right fish in it plus some plants i have 7 real plants in it now but want more

the fish some form of ram blue or red when i can find them local with corydoras

I hate my tanks!!! But that is only for one reason and it isn't me... everytime I get the decorations right how I like them, my cichlids decide they don't like them there and completely rearange the tank for me :S . I don't have a choice in the matter :-(

But its ok, they move the stuff to make themselves happy and if my fish are happy, that's all that matters to me in the end. Maybe one day my fish and I will see eye-to-eye on the decorations in the tank :dunno:

I get so jealous of some of these tanks I see and yep.. I do wish mine looked as good! heh
I wish I could make them look better, but resources here aren't all that great.

I'm happy with my tanks, but always thinking of ways to improve them. If I ever stop thinking of things I can do differently, I'll get bored and quit the hobby. So, it's a good thing my tanks always need improving.

Haha, this is what drives me to keep going in the hobby. I'm never satisfied, and I constantly want this or that fish. My mind cannot stay stuck on one thing.

Most reactions

trending

Back