Are they two males or a male and a female or maybe two females?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Ive no idea what my two new cichlids sexes are. They hang out together but live in two separate shells right next to each other. they did go into a shell together once but never after that(that i know of)
Any ideas or knowledge of what to look out for?
Should i attach some videos?

I can't watch videos on my current computer so someone else will have to look at the video

I can't watch videos on my current computer so someone else will have to look at the video
Ok. Thanks. Here’s some pics maybe you could tell from them:
22D9985C-74A4-440C-A541-AB20A6DE4144.jpeg
1152CFCE-F458-4A1C-B384-6944AB4D49A3.jpeg
C91B5F12-155E-4187-B53A-B24699C7D3E1.jpeg
C259C25F-F381-40FB-9AB7-C5D409975F3B.jpeg

Are those shell dwellers ? If so, sexing can be difficult but not impossible. Pull up a chair and watch them for an hour. You will see differences. Look for color depth and not so much color difference. Bulk or slimness in the body. Stare at them for a while.
OK. I just went back and cast the hairy eyeball on your pictures. I'm going to go out on a limb and say with 75 % certainty that you have a pair. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Are those shell dwellers ? If so, sexing can be difficult but not impossible. Pull up a chair and watch them for an hour. You will see differences. Look for color depth and not so much color difference. Bulk or slimness in the body. Stare at them for a while.
OK. I just went back and cast the hairy eyeball on your pictures. I'm going to go out on a limb and say with 75 % certainty that you have a pair. Time will tell.
Thanks! Yes they are Shell dwellers. I will watch them for a bit to see if i see any differences

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back