Are These Snail Eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ellieabbott4

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I added some yellow cherry shrimp to my tank today and was having a good look when I saw these eggs in my bamboo cave.....they look like snails eggs to me but I'm not sure. I've got malaysian trumpet snails in the tank but i know they have live young not eggs, the only other occupants are guppies and a rili shrimp. I'm baffled!

Ellieabbott4 said:
I added some yellow cherry shrimp to my tank today and was having a good look when I saw these eggs in my bamboo cave.....they look like snails eggs to me but I'm not sure. I've got malaysian trumpet snails in the tank but i know they have live young not eggs, the only other occupants are guppies and a rili shrimp. I'm baffled!
null_zps5f9376f2.jpg

It would have helped if I uploaded the picture in the first place! I'm such a dumbo sometimes!

I'm thinking that some snail eggs of another species may have been attached to a plant that you may have bought and then hatched in your tank, grew up, and layed those eggs. Those are definitely snail eggs. I'd suggest removing them if you don't want to have tons of little baby snails in your tank( which I'm sure you already have with the mts) and maybe take a couple minutes to look around the tank for the parents of the eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back