Are these lights okay?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

TO KYO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can there lights affect my tank (fish sleeping time, plants growth) at all or itā€™s just for good deco. I would like to know if thereā€™s any type of lights that doesnā€™t affect my tank environment at all so I can observe it during night because I come from work too late to see my babies

Attachments

• 33897510-D5B0-4BD0-89AD-1A0622C81E8B.jpeg
    33897510-D5B0-4BD0-89AD-1A0622C81E8B.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 119
Why don't you just have your current lights on a timer and have them come on later and go off later.
My tank lights use to come on at 2pm and go off at 2am.

A lot of people use blue lights (not ultra violet) to see nocturnal fish after the main tank lights are turned off. It doesn't show the fish in their normal colours tho.

Why don't you just have your current lights on a timer and have them come on later and go off later.
My tank lights use to come on at 2pm and go off at 2am.

A lot of people use blue lights (not ultra violet) to see nocturnal fish after the main tank lights are turned off. It doesn't show the fish in their normal colours tho.
I turn them on at 1 m and turn off at 1:30 am, but Iā€™m awake for like 3 more hours and I feel ā€œunsatisfiedā€ haha

Light is extremely important for fish. I have posted at length about this several times, but before I go into details it would help to know exactly the issue. As Colin said, a timer that is the same each day is essential or your fish will have issues. Fish must have several hours of total darkness during every 24-hour period; total darkness means no ambient lighting in the room, daylight or artificial, but complete blackness, and it has to be several hours in duration at one go, not split up. And the type of light is significant. The blue light linked is nothing I would put over an aquarium. Then there are plants to consider, if present.

Exactly what I was thinking!

A light timer is a very good idea for the tank. Personally, I donā€™t use any sort of blue light. I use LED lights. And I turn my lights on at 7:30 in the morning, and turn them off at 8:00 at night. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back