Are these gold fish eggs ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Whatfish

Reaction score
Not 100% sure if these are eggs I have put them in a 40l bucket with light and air stone just incase they are eggs but I'm not sure so hopefully some one can help

Attachments

• 20201031_173601.jpg
    20201031_173601.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20201031_173522.jpg
    20201031_173522.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20201031_173248.jpg
    20201031_173248.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 104
They look like eggs to me but can't say for sure they're goldfish.

@Deanasue bred goldies before so she may be able to tell.

Whats in the pond/tank?

No, those aren’t goldfish eggs. Goldfish scatter their eggs all over plants, sides decor, , wherever they fall. They are never clumped and are very easy to see. They are sticky and will stick to things. If fertilized, they will stay clear and if not, they will become white. You will easily find at last 50 eggs in one release. Hope this helps. :)

I just looked again. I apologize but I’m in a car with very bright sunlight coming in. It’s making it hard to see the pics without a glare. If those are in a pond, they may be goldfish eggs. I’ll look closer when I get home. :)

There in a 5 foot tank there are goldfish shubunkins and two koi not sure witch laid the eggs or who fertalised them was hoping some one on here would no

They look more like snail eggs. Goldfish eggs would be singular, very round and nothing jelly looking on them. They are about the size of a bb.

I don't see any jelly, or clumps, they're not snail eggs. Each photo is an individual egg, and the developing embryos inside sorta look like a happy face on each one.

Sorry I can't help regarding what kind of eggs they are, that's kinda exciting! I assume the hatching process would be the same regardless of which fish laid them, so hatch them and see! And please keep us updated with photos! :D

Not 100% sure if these are eggs I have put them in a 40l bucket with light and air stone just incase they are eggs but I'm not sure so hopefully some one can help
Yes they are fish eggs and they are fertile and have developing embryos in them. However, goldfish eggs don't normally stick to plants, at least not in my experience.
What other fish are in the tank?

You don't want too much water movement or you will kill the fry when they hatch.

---------------------
The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish. Look for the section called "Emergency Fry Food" and boil an egg to use as the first food. You won't have time to culture other foods.

Goldfish eggs do stick to plants. I tear off the leaf of the plant they’re stuck on and place it in my nursery tank. They stick all over everything.

These are some of my goldfish eggs in breeder box when I was removing them from parents tank. Look at the bottom of the acrylic box. Those are goldfish eggs..
99D09764-63ED-46E6-9AD5-D24617885C3D.jpeg

I don't see any jelly, or clumps, they're not snail eggs. Each photo is an individual egg, and the developing embryos inside sorta look like a happy face on each one.

Sorry I can't help regarding what kind of eggs they are, that's kinda exciting! I assume the hatching process would be the same regardless of which fish laid them, so hatch them and see! And please keep us updated with photos! :D
@AdoraBelle Dearheart in pic one, it looks like tiny black eggs in a jelly substance.

Goldfish are goldfish so they would still be goldfish if they were goldfish eggs. You wouldn’t know what type they are (breed) until after birth when they color up at about 8 or 9 weeks. Keep us posted. :)

@AdoraBelle Dearheart in pic one, it looks like tiny black eggs in a jelly substance.
Ah, to me, it looks like a single egg, with a developing embryo in it. But, I'm way overdue for an eye exam and new glasses, and the photos aren't the clearest either.
Goldfish are goldfish so they would still be goldfish if they were goldfish eggs. You wouldn’t know what type they are (breed) until after birth when they color up at about 8 or 9 weeks. Keep us posted. :)

Oh I know, I just meant that as they grow, they'll soon see if it's an ordinary goldfish, a shubunkin or a koi.

What kind of tank set up do you have, @Whatfish ? Would love to see it! I have shunbunkins in my pond, love them. Would love to have a koi pond again someday too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back