Are these ADF eggs in my tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

brokenoob!

Reaction score
Hello there! I just got two ADFs (that I believe are both females) and added them to a newly cycled tank 2 days ago. Today I noticed some strange egg-like objects in the gravel today. The only thing is that I know that ADFs usually lay eggs hundreds at a time, and I've only found about 10 of these little white spheres. Any ideas? IMG_8579.JPGIMG_8580.JPG

To be honest I am I not sure, I've never had African dwarf Frogs, but I don't think they are.
If the frogs laid the eggs, then they would not be buried under the gravel (I think) they would also probably have some white/clear jelly-like sphere around them, and they would probably be in a clump.
Also - they are both females, but (maybe) they had eggs when you bough them, but only laid them now? - I think that is unlikely.

However I am not 100% sure, I hope this helps. :)

To be honest I am I not sure, I've never had African dwarf Frogs, but I don't think they are.
If the frogs laid the eggs, then they would not be buried under the gravel (I think) they would also probably have some white/clear jelly-like sphere around them, and they would probably be in a clump.
Also - they are both females, but (maybe) they had eggs when you bough them, but only laid them now? - I think that is unlikely.

However I am not 100% sure, I hope this helps. :)
I was thinking perhaps they had them before and laid them now, yes, but I agree it's not nearly enough and it doesn't make sense that they ended up in the gravel. Another possibility is that perhaps some snail eggs snuck into the tank through some plants? Hmm--I'll keep an eye on them because I guess we'll just have to see!

They are too much like beads to be nerite eggs. Mine lay eggs that look like sesame seeds rather than perfect spheres.

If the came in with plants, they could be anything.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back