Are there eggs in the bubble nest

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Update: Most of the fry are free swimming now. Yesterday I put the first batch of baby brine to hatch. I thought they would hatch today but they didn't. I'm planning to set up another hatchery to have food for day after tomorrow and so on. However don't have any food for them today and I can only hope the brine shrimp will hatch by tomorrow morning. I been doing some research and I found that the only food I can make for them today would be the egg yolk. Should I feed them yolk and hope the shrimp hatch or just leave them be by the morning. I also considered crushing the flakes but idk how to get it to that fine power and I'm not able to go to the fish shop to buy any so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when should I add the filter to the tank?

I still think brine shrimp is to large for these guys at the moment and they need to be fed egg yolk for at least the first two weeks. A sponge filter can be put on the tank now.

Hey. I have been feeding my fish live baby brine shrimp for about a week now. The are growing really well but I don't know if they are actually eating and of the shrimp. I never saw any of them eat a shrimp but to be fair both the fry and the fish are tiny. I have noticed that the fry's stomachs turn orange after eating and my guess is that this means that they have eaten the shrimp. I do see a lot of dead shrimp on the bottom of the tank and I don't know if this is because of overfeeding or because the fry doesn't eat the shrimp at all. My guess is that they do because they grew a lot in the last week or so. As always any advice would be appreciated.

If the fry's stomachs are going orange, then they are eating the brineshrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back