Are There Breeding Behaviors

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

blitztidus

Spirited Away
Reaction score
I have 2 albino cories and it seems as though they are in love one minute then out the next. Sometimes they fly around the tank together and do what I call a KISS and keep following each other then seperate to eat and rest :/

I persernaly have never seen a breeding ritual in my albinos. the only think i can say is my females get bigger than normal. I've always just ceen the eggs on the side of my tank and nothing else

Theres something called T-Position, where the male and the female form a type of "T" together. If you go to planetcatfish.com and loook for the albino cories they have a pic of T-position.

hi,when my female pepper is ready to spawn the males chase her & keep fluttering there fins in her face & on her body.this can go on for days & days,sometimes even a week til she finaly gives in and they form the T position.then she swims away with eggs clutched in her fins & deposits them on the glass/plants etc,then its back to the T position again.this happens quite afew times during a spawn.you can normaly tell if the female is laden with eggs cus they get really rounded & big that they look like there going to pop!my mature female gets so big that her fins dont touch the sand when shes resting,she just lies there on her big belly,lol!hope this helps! :) x

so lucky!! I swear i saw mine in t position before, but i have never seen eggs on the sides of my tank yet...my females are really starting to get obviously bigger over the last week esp since i started them on mostly frozen brine shrimp...i really want them to spawn :)

hi,id had my peppers for about 5 months before they first spawned.the males were probaly about 1 1/2" & the female was about 2".depends on what type of cory youv got tho.if you keep feeding them live food it conditions them into breeding.once they start breeding it can happen as often as every 2 to 3 weeks!!!some corys eat there own eggs,exspecialy my peppers (or the gold fish i keep with them),so you have to be really quck at either removing the eggs or the fish!alot of corys seem to spawn over night so you never know if theyv layed eggs or not.im lucky cus mine aways seem to spawn in the afternoon for some reason!it is great to watch them doing there sexy spawning dance if your lucky enough.iv got 16,26 day old fry & its hard work lookin after them but ver cool to see them grow into little minature catfish!!!bet yours will breed for you soon!!!! :) x

I have had these fish for 2 weeks and we just added some albino veiltail cories to keep them company. Maybe it is early love then cuz they are relatively the same size, no big belly or nuttin' :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back