Are Panda Corydoras Hard to Keep?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, about two weeks ago i got 6 albino cories and 6 panda cories.

the albinos are staying with my betta in a 16gal tank and the pandas are staying with 12 Ember Tetra and 2 Honey Gourami in a 25gal.

they were all the same size, very small like 2cm and i quarantine them for 10 days and about 3 days ago as i notice they were all healthy i put then in their tanks. The Albino cories are thriving, they even look bigger and always eat happily whenever i put frozen shrimp, algae waver, sinking waver to the tank. The Pandas are eating the same but.... but they just never seem to eat, they just stay in one position and basically looking lethargic.

then the other day 3 of my cory pandas are dead and now 2 of them are in bad shape, they swim upside down and seem to be struggling to swim normally. The only 1 cory that is healthy is looking healthy but still not so into all the food i put in the tank.

why though?
my water parameter is good PH 7.2, hardness 125-130, nitrite 0, amonia 0 and nitrate 0-5, temp is 76-78

no aggression towards the cories from my betta nor the gourami.

Panda Corys are bred so much (due to popular demand), that they are extremely weak immune systems. I had a shoal of Pandas a while ago and they all died in less than a week.

I currently have Julii corys, which are much more hardy.

They are more delicate but I have 8 and they are thriving. I found they do better in their own individual tank.

Panda Corys are bred so much (due to popular demand), that they are extremely weak immune systems. I had a shoal of Pandas a while ago and they all died in less than a week.

I currently have Juliicorys, which are much more hardy.
Do you know if Sterbai corys are hardy fish? I'm going to be ordering some relatively soon. Thanks!

I currently have Julii corys, which are much more hardy.
Yup three of them died less than a week too in quarantine :(

They are more delicate but I have 8 and they are thriving. I found they do better in their own individual tank.

i notice they loom happier in quarantine tank with another 6 albino cory than when i put them in my 25gal with ember tetra and honey gourami even though the gourami never bully them let alone the tetras.

also i find them very picky eater. I think because they don’t eat as much as the albino the pandas are weaker.

now i put the 3 remaining cory panda in a baby guppy tank in hope that the cory would eat better in there.

Most reactions

trending

Back