Are my plants dying?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know sometimes newly planted plants will wilt, but these are really wilting and if they’re dying I want to remove. I’m not sure what one of them is, but the other is dwarf grass.

Attachments

• 0C94D24B-B4E3-4647-BDC0-EB84BF3C8D8F.jpeg
    0C94D24B-B4E3-4647-BDC0-EB84BF3C8D8F.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 8D450AFD-B264-40F3-969B-8233155BBAD4.jpeg
    8D450AFD-B264-40F3-969B-8233155BBAD4.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 2F8CF5C2-1174-46A8-B38B-ED3BDBE760B0.jpeg
    2F8CF5C2-1174-46A8-B38B-ED3BDBE760B0.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 214
I know sometimes newly planted plants will wilt, but these are really wilting and if they’re dying I want to remove. I’m not sure what one of them is, but the other is dwarf grass.
Can't tell about the plants but that sure is a little cutie-pie.
Actually, in last photo the plant looks good

Yes, they are dying either due to heat during transportation or not having enough light in your tank or something else...

Are you using soil or black gravel?

Yes, they are dying either due to heat during transportation or not having enough light in your tank or something else...

Are you using soil or black gravel?
I use fluval stratum and I have an bad led light that same with the tank but I added a Topfin LED that is actually really bright. The substrate is only two weeks old. Could the light be too strong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 182
We need all the data please. Light info (spectrum?, duration daily?). Any ferts, and if yes, which?

We need all the data please. Light info (spectrum?, duration daily?). Any ferts, and if yes, which?
The LED light is pretty bright, but says 2 watts. It’s on for 8 hours a day. I don’t use fertilizer because I have the Fluval spectrum substrate. However if y’all think I need more I also have root tabs and Seachem flourish on hand

Does the light or the packaging or the manufacturer's website give a K number? This is the spectrum which Byron asked about.

Does the light or the packaging or the manufacturer's website give a K number? This is the spectrum which Byron asked about.
I don’t have the packaging but I found a picture of it. I don’t see a K number. Here’s a picture

Attachments

• CC418017-DF21-4A79-B5AB-F29BD67006B5.png
    CC418017-DF21-4A79-B5AB-F29BD67006B5.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 173
Actually for low light plants, you can get Anubias Nana and Java Ferns....just some suggestions

The photo has 280 lm as "lumen range," some members might be able to explain this, I've never bothered with lumen but it is to do with intensity. Watts by the way is not much of an indicator of light intensity esp with LED. Watts is the amount of energy a tube/bulb/unit uses to produce the light. Back in the days when all light was incandescent and then fluorescent came along, watts was more of an indicator because everything was much the same, but today with energy efficient lighting it loses its meaning.

On the fertilizer, I've no idea how effective the substrate may be. But aquatic plants take up some nutrient solely via the leaves, others via roots, others both. If you think there is a plant growth problem, using a comprehensive liquid may help.

The photo has 280 lm as "lumen range," some members might be able to explain this, I've never bothered with lumen but it is to do with intensity. Watts by the way is not much of an indicator of light intensity esp with LED. Watts is the amount of energy a tube/bulb/unit uses to produce the light. Back in the days when all light was incandescent and then fluorescent came along, watts was more of an indicator because everything was much the same, but today with energy efficient lighting it loses its meaning.

On the fertilizer, I've no idea how effective the substrate may be. But aquatic plants take up some nutrient solely via the leaves, others via roots, others both. If you think there is a plant growth problem, using a comprehensive liquid may help.
Thank you very much

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back