Are my newborn fry dead

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Newsmalltank

Reaction score
I am really worried that all my new fry may have died when they hit the bottom of my tank.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought two female guppies but never noticed one was pregnant. I put them both in my community tank. But two days ago, I noticed one of them was huge. I
moved the pregnant guppy into my spare tank with a breeder box. She gave birth a couple of hours ago. Some in the box and some out of the box.
The ones born in the box was lifeless. But the ones who was born in the tank was swimming for a bit but then they hit the bottom of the tank. And no movement since. It's been roughly six hours since they were born.

Attachments

• 15792257638181406682261461311121.jpg
    15792257638181406682261461311121.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 150
Are they moving at all? Sometimes they will stay at the bottom to avoid being eaten

Nice brood of fry though

I have 8 adult guppies who have had a least 3 broods the last month or so and all were swimming in the tank. The adults left them alone. They are very tiny at first. I notice that sometime one will sit on the bottom but swim away when a shrimp comes along. Sorry but it sounds like they may have died.

Last edited:
I have 8 adult guppies who have had a least 3 broods the last month or so and all were swimming in the tank. The adults left them alone. They are very tiny at first. I notice that sometime one will sit on the bottom but swim away when a shrimp comes along. Sorry but it sounds like they may have died.

Thanks, the mother died early hours of this morning a long with a her fry.
I'm just going to keep looking after my community tank from now on but thanks agsy

I agree. Something with the water quality.

I had a ember tetra that was pregnant die trying to lay her eggs just a few days ago. I was looking forward to seeing ember fry in my tank. :( It could be the yours died from the stress of giving birth.

More likely a water problem :(

I am really worried that all my new fry may have died when they hit the bottom of my tank.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought two female guppies but never noticed one was pregnant. I put them both in my community tank. But two days ago, I noticed one of them was huge. I
moved the pregnant guppy into my spare tank with a breeder box. She gave birth a couple of hours ago. Some in the box and some out of the box.
The ones born in the box was lifeless. But the ones who was born in the tank was swimming for a bit but then they hit the bottom of the tank. And no movement since. It's been roughly six hours since they were born.
Check water parameters and temp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back