Are my fish ok ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Two of my electric blue acara I have 4 all juveniles from 2-3 inch my larger male and lager female ( what I believe is a female ) have started to get white on there anus? Reproductive gland ?sorry not sure the term And the other two havenā€™t , plan on doing a water test as soon as I get back from work as just didnā€™t have the time this morning so canā€™t give the exacts yet but did last water change 3 days ago so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s all well , iv attached a few photos , if any body can tell me if this is normal and just a stage of maturity or is something happening to them that I need to fix , thanks

Attachments

• 2BDAA391-2B9E-42F0-93A1-A1C573B74F59.jpeg
    2BDAA391-2B9E-42F0-93A1-A1C573B74F59.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ACDED9C4-8F02-44B3-8457-476609E048BD.jpeg
    ACDED9C4-8F02-44B3-8457-476609E048BD.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 95
I'm not sure what this is - could be some sort of worm or parasite. Has anything new been added to the tank recently? Is everyone eating ok? Any sunken bellies?

Wills

The darker blue one has been acting very strange swimming against the glass for 20 mins a time
I'm not sure what this is - could be some sort of worm or parasite. Has anything new been added to the tank recently? Is everyone eating ok? Any sunken bellies?

Wills
iv added nothing just removed a green terror and a blue acara and no sunken bellies everything is a bit fat if anything and no other fish has this just these two , the darker blue one is acting strange he is glass pacing quite a lot unless I go to the tank then he stops comes to the surface and waits for food , I donā€™t know if Iā€™m paying too much attention to them and worrying but he just donā€™t seem like his normal self

Isn't that their vents coming in? Could they be reaching sexual maturity? Any ideas @essjay ?

It could be. I have no experience of these fish but it does look similar to cichlids I have kept.

He is back to his self again now but thereā€™s no change to his vent gland thing lol Iā€™m hoping i just worry to much and notice the smallest of things and itā€™s not something sinister

He is back to his self again now but thereā€™s no change to his vent gland thing lol Iā€™m hoping i just worry to much and notice the smallest of things and itā€™s not something sinister
Better safe than sorry

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back