Are Kribensis Fin-Nippers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hawkdaddy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanting clarification on a statement i read on Kribensis, someone said that they were fin-nippers and care should be taken when keeping them with angelfish. Angelfish were probably already not going into my community tank with a pair of kribs, but i was wondering if the kribs would attack a gourami?
I have one in another tank and was planning on putting it in the tank along with a mate
Any response appreciated

kribs tend to be more axxressive txan otxer dwarf cicxlids. I wouldnt call txem a fin nipper in a way Id call a tixer barb or buenos aires tetra a fin nipper, but more of a territorial species. you could keep txem witx xouramis witx caution, as lonx as txeyre a semi axxressive species of xourami.

Yeah i was planning on potentially having a pair of pearls in with the kribs and a couple of other tetras, should that be alright?

Yeah i was planning on potentially having a pair of pearls in with the kribs and a couple of other tetras, should that be alright?
Sxould be okay. Just make sure you dont xet fin nippinx tetras :lol: try red eye tetras or bleedinx xeart tetras, txey xet bix enouxx to xandle any krib axxression. just avoid really small species like neons and sucx.

I had a pair of breeding kribs in with angels and the angels didn't bother them and vice versa. The only ones to catch the wrath of my cribs were the corydoras.

I think it all depends on the size of the aquarium.

If you get a breeding pair of kribs, very fun by the way, they tend to be much more aggressive when they spawn. If you got enough space in the tank and you can set up about 3 hides for the kribs, they should be okay. Just be careful of any additional bottom dwellers that might want to venture into their territory.

I'd say, if the tank is pretty deep, you should be fine. The angels will swim higher up and definitely wouldn't go into the kribs hide.

How big is this set up by the way?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back