Are Honey Sunset Gouramis As Delicate As Dwarf Gouramis?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TotallyTropical

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I was thinking about getting a pair. They look beautiful, and are WAY smaller than regular Gouramis, which seems perfect. :good:

I was just wondering because I was thinking about getting a pair. They look beautiful, and are WAY smaller than regular Gouramis, which seems perfect. :good:

honey gourami's are not as inbred as dwarf gourami's so they are at this time hardier but do suffer from the same issues as dwarves so make sure you get healthy good fish.

In my experience Honey's are def. hardier than Dwarf Gouramis. Males can be very aggressive towards other males so make sure you only get a single male and maybe 2 females. I have single males & no females in two of my tanks. One of them, the larger more aggressive one, is a bully to the Bolivian Ram, Guppies & Platy in his tank. Don't let the name fool you as they can be terrors............

how big is your tank and what fish do u have in it and yeah try to get 1 male and 2-3 females

how big is your tank and what fish do u have in it and yeah try to get 1 male and 2-3 females
I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 male Swordtail, 1 male Platy, and what I think is a male Kuhli loach. I'm hoping to get more fish soon because both the Platy and Swordtail lost their female "buddy". I also didn't know much about Kuhli loaches, so I bought 1. Then, I thought one more pair of a different species would help it look nice. :D
In my experience Honey's are def. hardier than Dwarf Gouramis. Males can be very aggressive towards other males so make sure you only get a single male and maybe 2 females. I have single males & no females in two of my tanks. One of them, the larger more aggressive one, is a bully to the Bolivian Ram, Guppies & Platy in his tank. Don't let the name fool you as they can be terrors............
Ok, good to know. :good: I just thought that they'd die quickly if they were like the Dwarf Gouramis.

Kuhli loaches like to be in groups of 5 or 6. Quick buy more before Crossfire comes :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back