Are honey gouramis aggressive

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The first two pics with the C aeneus are my own fish :) But not the same individual fish in both photos. Have a large group of them, plus their offspring (they spawned while in quarantine after I bought them!) No one has suggested they might be C schultzei before. Their colouring isn't very dark in person, perhaps just the lighting in the photo, or the settings on your screen? What makes you think C.schultzei blood in them? I love cories, but still have a great deal to learn about them! The ones in these first two pics had some excess mucus on their sides, I took these while they were still in quarantine after I bought them, and asked Colin for advice. They healed up after W/C's and treatment with eSHa 2000. And then spawned... lol
View attachment 143067View attachment 143068View attachment 143069
Mainly the gold stripe on the shoulder and color. Shapewose they're more C.aeneus.
But as stated elsewhere C.schultzei is seen as C.aeneus for years and even believe there is discussion going on about them to be two different species or just a variaty.

Mainly the gold stripe on the shoulder and color. Shapewose they're more C.aeneus.
But as stated elsewhere C.schultzei is seen as C.aeneus for years and even believe there is discussion going on about them to be two different species or just a variaty.

I'm not great at distinguishing these small differences between very similar cory species! I would like to have some C.schultzei one day, love the look of them. But yeah, I'd also read that they're just a colour mutation of aeneus - and seems to be a lot of questions about their origin and classification.

I have some photos of their offspring I can dig out when I have more time that might help. Just read that their fins are more reddish than aeneus when juveniles perhaps? I'll make a different thread for that and tag you in it if that's okay, you've clearly done a lot of research on cories! :)

DSCF1443.JPG
DSCF1445.JPG
DSCF1450.JPG
DSCF1460.JPG

Oh wow, think you might be right!!

These (terrible, I'm sorry) photos are of the two unrelated, much older bronzes I inherited, a male and female. They don't have that bright orange mark on the back of the head/shoulder area 😲

Those are indeed "bronze" C.aeneus
Thanks for informing me about this!

I guess because C.Schultzei have been regarded as just another colour mutation of the bronze, people have kept them in the same tank and they've interbred a lot. Just as I keep two albino aeneus in with my bronzes (and apparently, aeneus/schultzei hybrids!) I had no idea, I just picked up the newer four labelled as Bronzes from the LFS, and kept some of their offspring after they spawned in quarantine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back