Are Glo Fish Available In Australia?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

J

Jozlyn

Does anyone know if Glo Fish are available in Australia?

Did a Google search and couldn't find anything, but they could be called something else here.

Please do not encourage this sort of nonsense by buying these things. The hobby is against such practices, but they will continue if people spend money for them. Glofish are banned in the EU for good reason.

There is a reason I have purchased 99%+ of my fish not from retail stores. If they sell glo-fish or tiny tankbusters to anybody who asks, I refuse to buy anything from them.

In the past 23 years I have purchased about $35 - 40K worth of fish and I have spent fewer than $500 in retail stores ((I paid $225 for a large clown loach.) This does not include the one high quality very expensive pleace where I traded a BN plecos birn un my tanks for store credit to buy the few fish I wanted. I never used up the full credit and eventually lost it.

I have bought fish imported, wholesale and from breeders for the most part.

I do buy tanks from stores, especially since I ditched glassscages.com because they cold not make deliveries back when due to truck and driver issues. I cancelled my last order from them after 3 months of their failing to deliver as promised, *SIGH*

Does anyone know if Glo Fish are available in Australia?

Did a Google search and couldn't find anything, but they could be called something else here.
Hello Jozlyn. No, the species isn't allowed in Australia. Apparently, the authorities are afraid the fish will be released into the wild and create problems for the native species. A valid concern.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

The only place I found that sells Glo Fish here in Australia is https://www.desertcart.com.au/products/39836863.
It's imported from the USA.

Yeah, click on the link and place an order if you must.

If you’re lucky, you pay your money and receive no fish.

If you’re unlucky, the fish are dead when they arrive a week later, and you receive a fine from customs for importing prohibited goods without a permit.

Jozlyn is unlikely to read these posts as the thread was started in 2007. But the information is still valid for our Australian members :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back