Are Female Betta Fish Compatible In A 30 Gallon Community Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

platyman123

Reaction score
Petsmart has a 1 dollar fish sale for bettas and assorted tetras, I was just wondering if a female betta would be compatible with a platy, 3 fancy guppies, a glow fish, and 2 neon tetras. Please let me know:)

The fancy guppies I'd be wary, as even female betta's are aggressive and not happy with brightly colored, flowy fins. But the other inhabitants seem fine.

Female Betta's aren't as aggressive as male's, but the whole species was bred to be mean, it really depends on the individual betta you get, as I have a male betta in a 20 gal with other fish, but others can't even put snails in their beta tanks.

I've never tried guppies with a female betta, I'd wait for someone who has tried it to answer.

The only problem I see there is a possible conflict with the neons or zebra. Betta are often victims of fast swimming nippy fish.

I keep female bettas in a community tank containing GloFish, and I haven't had problems. The GloFish seem perfectly content to chase each other all day, so I think the lady bettas are safe :rolleyes: I would probably suggest having more than one GloFish, though. I keep them in a group of 5 so they'll keep to themselves.

I keep female bettas with my guppies, however it really does come down to te female. Just because ie not had any problem doesn't mean you won't. :) goodluck

I keep female bettas with my guppies, however it really does come down to te female. Just because ie not had any problem doesn't mean you won't. :) goodluck
2 of my guppies died of fin rot i believe, or maybejust the betta bit them:( however i didn't see the betta attack or nible at them IDK why they died. fins were jagged so i thougt it was fin rot. Mu other fancy gupy is alive and well, the betta seems to not want to nip at it; for now:)

2 of my guppies died of fin rot i believe, or maybejust the betta bit them:( however i didn't see the betta attack or nible at them IDK why they died. fins were jagged so i thougt it was fin rot. Mu other fancy gupy is alive and well, the betta seems to not want to nip at it; for now:)
Well all my guppies died:( probs becaause of petsmart, their guppies have a great chance of being disease ridden:( The betta is happy, and in a day or so i will get a snail, and 4 comet gold fish;) Thanks fo the advice;)

Well all my guppies died:( probs becaause of petsmart, their guppies have a great chance of being disease ridden:( The betta is happy, and in a day or so i will get a snail, and 4 comet gold fish;) Thanks fo the advice;)

Comet goldfish would be a very bad idea! They get huge, like pond huge. And are very very messy! :/

I've had 4 female betta's in with my guppies and platies, they seem to get along better if you put the betta's in after the other fish are already settled in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back