Are feeder fish legal ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

do think feeding live fish should be legal?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

• Total voters
Whats this got to do with a brackish tank?

The feeding of live vertabrate animals to other animals is illegal in the UK and all of western Europe.

In the US, feeder fish are legal unless prohibited by local law. I don't know of any place that does not allow them here, but perhaps if any member lives in such a place he will let us know. :D

Most feeder fish are so unhealthy it's more like playing with you're fishes life than simply feeding them. Then again I'm a little too cautious about what I feed to my fish sometimes :)

DevilsAdvocate said:
Not in the UK.
Yes in the UK

Jon

[EDIT: Theoretically, in the uk you could be banned from keeping ANY pets for a number of years if caught (or reported by a mate you showed off your fish too).]

the reason it id illgal is because, would you like to watch a live rabbit being fed to a snake :/ :X

so NO you can not feed life fish, to another fish in the UK.

ferrikins said:
the reason it id illgal is because, would you like to watch a live rabbit being fed to a snake :/ :X

so NO you can not feed life fish, to another fish in the UK.
But the snake has to eat. What do you expect a snake to eat? They don't fall for the pre prepared foot bit like some animals.

Strangely, its legal to humanly kill a fish and then feed it, not sure on the rabbit, but if one law applies to all vertebrates, then maybe the other would too? Need clarification on that one though.

Jon

noone will know if you do feed live fish to another fish.

its kinda stupid that it is illegal. dont some fish require live foods? And arent those worms to smalll for the big fish that need the live food?

wrs said:
noone will know if you do feed live fish to another fish.

its kinda stupid that it is illegal. dont some fish require live foods? And arent those worms to smalll for the big fish that need the live food?
Exactly

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back