Are Anthias Compatible With Other Anthias?

RedTail123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Could i keep 3 species of anthias in a 500 gallon together? The anthias i have in mind are the Lyretail Anthias, Bartlett's Anthias, and Dispar Anthias. They'll all be kept in groups of 13.

in a tank of 500 gallons it isn't usually a problem, although in smaller tanks you have to be careful.

I wouldn't add the bartlett's, they are the one species that usually does not mix well with any other species as they are quite aggressive.
The Lyretail anthias, while being one of the easier species to keep can also be on the more aggressive side compared to other species of pseudoanthias.
You'd have better luck with the lyretails than the bartlett's though and in such a large tank the Lyretail anthias shouldn't be a problem, but like I said I would stay away from the Bartlett's if you want different species.

Dispars are usually fine with other species.
Their are a lot of beautiful species that are out there that are more peaceful, so I'd look into them.
I have three lyretails as the only species in my tank, and the two bigger ones are very aggressive towards each other as they are trying to determine who will become the male, so it would be very helpful if you added a male of each species you plan to add at the same time you add the females.

Nick D.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back