Archer Fish with Swim Bladder issues

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ehubbard88

Reaction score
I have a small-scaled archerfish that normally lives in a 65-gallon brackish aquarium that stays at a salinity of around 1.009. She lives with a school of 5 mono argentus and a green spotted puffer. She recently started to show signs of swim bladder issues and it happened very fast. I woke up one morning with her stomach up, and unable to balance herself. Immediately I tested the water parameters, and everything was good. I then set up a hospital tank for her and transferred her over. During the first 5 days of her treatment, I force-fed her peas, since I heard that can get rid of compaction which sometimes causes these issues. After that treatment, nothing changed. So I moved on to treating her for a bacterial infection. I have been treating her with this for about 6 days while force-feeding her blood worms every night. She has still remained the same. I have also just started treating her for a parasitic infection, but she has only had one dose. Nothing is working, and I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to save my archerfish. Any help would be greatly apprecited, I really dont want to loose her.

Sounds like dropsy not swim bladder. Are her scales sticking out like a pinecone?

How often do you do water changes and what % of water do you change each time?

Can you post exact readings for the parameters?

Likely a bacterial infection

I tend to do water changes around every other week. Taking about 20-30% out each time.
Parameters:
nitrate- 0
nitrite- 0
KH- 300
pH- 8.4

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back