Arcadia Arc 20L

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

j.marsland12

Reaction score
I have recently set up a Arcadia Arc 20l and i am worried about shrimp escaping out of the feeding holes which are in fact very large, my question is will the shrimp climb out or will they stay in the water?, i will be having RCS to start with and also i will be housing a male fighter fish with them, he is currently being housed with RCS in a 180l tank and doesn't attack them so he should be fine with them. Also the water evaporates from the tank so much, does anyone have any tips how to slow down or prevent evaporation? , I'm thinking of making a replacement lid.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hello and welcome,

Shrimp will not climb out of the water because doing so would kill them, and in regards to the evaporation just top the water up every day or so with fresh dechlorinated water.

If it evaporates that quick the top ups will be enough so you never have to do any water changes :good: the water in my Arc60 evaporates a fair bit.

If it evaporates that quick the top ups will be enough so you never have to do any water changes :good:
Mate, I'm surprised at you coming out with a statement like that!

The only thing that evaporates from tanks is pure water; it'll leave behind all it's nitrate/calcium/phosphates/whatever and they'll build up and make the water harder (and more toxic!) as time goes on!

O dear, what a plank I am!! thanks for the correction fluttermoth what the hell was I thinking :crazy:

I have had a few drinks today so I will go and crawl back under my stone now :lol: stupid thing is I knew it but for some reason still posted, will go and drink some water to try and clear my head :blush:

O dear, what a plank I am!! thanks for the correction fluttermoth what the hell was I thinking :crazy:

I have had a few drinks today so I will go and crawl back under my stone now :lol: stupid thing is I knew it but for some reason still posted, will go and drink some water to try and clear my head :blush:
lol, I wondered what your brain was doing when it let you type that ;) Not up to your usual standard at all :lol:

If you have access to RO water, top up with that otherwise everything will build up even with water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back