Aqueon Quietflow 30 Not Pumping

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RPradit

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but I didn't see anywhere else that specialized in equipment issues. Mods, feel free to move this to wherever it needs to be.

Anyway, I'd also like to say that I'm also not a beginner.

I woke up this morning to find my filter clogged with detritus and not pumping any water. I cleared the intake, rinsed the filter a bit (I'm going to replace it soon anyway), and primed the pump. Nothing happened. The impeller is still spinning and there aren't any obstructions in the body of the filter or in the intake area. I don't believe I dropped any pieces when I was taking it apart.

I'm completely lost on this one. I've never had anything like this happen before.

I don't know if I have encountered this same thing with my quietflow but one time after doing monthly filter cleaning, the filter wouldn't take in water. So I removed the intake tube (the whole thing) and put the filter in the tank and started it up, then I put the intake back in once the filter was up and running. Everything worked fine after that.

make sure the u shaped connector piece that goes from the top of the pump to the body of the filter is not installed backwards--try reversing it

Thanks for the feedback. I tried all of these things and still no change. :/

I'm going to go out and see if I can find a replacement impeller to see if that changes anything.
Any tips of how to keep the water circulating in the mean time?

Take it apart and look at the impeller. Technically you shouldn't have it out of water but look at the impeller and plug it in for a few seconds. Does the impeller start spinning, or is something blocking it? If it doesn't start spinning at all when plugged in that's a whole different issue.

This probably is not going to help but throw it away and get a decent external canister filter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back