Aqueon aquariums ( the 'new' AGA)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The_Labyrinth

Reaction score
I am very old school and NEVER had any issues with the old AGA aquariums that I have purchased in the past. The internet has brought up a ton of huge issues with Aqueon (the new owners of AGA). This has given me a fear of buying anything. I do realize that people with bad experiences are 100x more likely to post bad reviews whereas people with good experiences generally don't post at all, When I see a product with 5% bad reviews (leaking especially) it concerns me. I have never had ANY of the literally 100s of aquariums of various sizes that I have purchased ever leak for me in my history of fishkeeping. THEN I READ A REVIEW OF A DISASTER. I am currently looking at a 15g Fluval setup for my kitchen countertop to put in a remote and unused section of the countertop. I always have my work laptop on the same counter (it is a U-shape) and I am already thinking of taping a silicon barrier strip across one leg of the "U" countertop (where my electronics are usually placed on the other side) to prevent water damage if I put a tank on it that happened to leak. Again, I have NEVER had a leaky tank out of at least a 100+ in my life, but the bad reviews make me crazy and very paranoid! Anyone else suffering from 'bad-review' syndrome?

Last edited:
I read reviews before most purchase, and I suppose a leak is quite specific and probably isn’t a point of view. But I do smile at some reviews and think… ”too……” what did you order it for..?
One was for a wardrobe that had been given a low rating as it was, “far smaller than I imagined it would be”…one of the images on the website was an outline plan with all the measurements…🤷‍♀️

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back