Aquatic plantor no?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lei017

Reaction score
Bought this at my LFS yesterday here in HK and I have no idea what it is. Can someone help me ID this. I got a feeling that this isn't aquatic.
cxL0J2y
IMG-20191206-145623.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
I'm not a plant expert but it looks like a type of fern.... theres a couple aquarium ferns I know that but theres also house plants too. I have java and java moss in my aquarium. Try typing aquarium fern in Google maybe it will pop up. And wait for other more expert at this then me.

Thank you for all the replies. I found the name of the sp and its not aquatic at all. Selaginella erythropus 'Sanguinea'. Better take it out of my tank asap.

I had that problem with petsmart I but monograss (think that's the name) researched it to find out its not an aquatic plant and that it will die and cause issue with water quality so I threw it out $9.00 down the tubes

I am new to having live plants and try and be careful now after also making a few mistakes like buying a plant that only the roots are suppose to go into the water the leaves stay out. I wasn't told that when I bought it. My LFS has lots of plants but most of the clerks have no clue what they are. The local Petco is better and has a fish/plant expert but even he has given me wrong info. Best to do your own research first. Take a picture of the plant and research it on the net before buying.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back