Aquatech 5-15 filter... any good?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

metropolis93fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I found a used 10 gallon fish tank with an aquatech 5-15 filter. Good enough for an10 gallon? They have Marineland penguin cartridges which threw me off at first. But the very dusty image of the filter is the aquatech 5-15. Filter new The tank is for a betta and maybe an African dwarf frog. Not heavy use. I'll be doing my own sponge, batting and bio stones. Need to know by morning. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
not sure I'd put a frog with a Betta...better to do just the Betta and maybe a few shrimp. Add some anubias for the betta to rest on.
That filter should be fine for a lightly stocked 10 gallon tank. Good ratings on Amazon.
If you have the water level just below the return of the filter, the sound of falling water shouldnt be too bad. If it seems too loud, you could always buy a cheap sponge filter powered by a small air pump. If current from the aquatech is too much for the Betta, the simple sponge filter would be better.

not sure I'd put a frog with a Betta...better to do just the Betta and maybe a few shrimp. Add some anubias for the betta to rest on.
That filter should be fine for a lightly stocked 10 gallon tank. Good ratings on Amazon.
If you have the water level just below the return of the filter, the sound of falling water shouldnt be too bad. If it seems too loud, you could always buy a cheap sponge filter powered by a small air pump. If current from the aquatech is too much for the Betta, the simple sponge filter would be better.
I've done it with frogs before. I have no clue how to care for shrimp! I can learn though. Some results on Amazon said it stopped working suddenly and was very noisy but I think most filters have those reviews that are anomalies. Even the one I finally got for my 5 gallon had the noise reviews but most were it was super quiet and it is.
I will always have mechanical filtration. I WILL have a sponge TOO after it's been in my current tank a while to help with cycling. And I'll probably just leave it in there. I've tried just sponge and the debris was awful. Won't do it again. Not saying it's bad or wrong. Just not for me. Thanks for the reply!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back