Aquascaper 600

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I bet your fish love all those pothos roots, though. My 150g tank consistently has 0 nitrates, and I suspect a lot of it is the healthy growth of frogbit and the emergent java ferns growing out the top.

Definitely, I managed to rearrange them a bit to give the crypts a chance as I would like them to come over the wood eventually.

Wills

that straight branch thats more or less 90 degrees, might need a plant on it to break it up?
Yes I agree, maybe a piece of the fern you've already got dotted about?

Bit over 2 weeks between water changes which is interesting... I hadn't realised it was that long. All last week tank was looking great but over the weekend it seemed to have had a bit of an algae boost. It seems to 'go' all at once in this tank.

Big prune of the Limnophilla, it is a thug isnt it! The Pennywort isnt doing as well as I'd hoped, one plant has totally melted now but others are doing really well, my Tiger Lily seems to be sending our runners which I didnt know they did? A few small leaves have sprung up in the sand about 4 inches from the main plant, which you can see below. The Lobelia is doing great, I might get some more of this to fill in where the penywort has failed. I might also try some Cardamyne as well.

Had to do my first trim of the Anubias and Trident Fern, mainly to remove failing leaves but really happy with the spread at the moment. The Taiwan Moss is doing really well too.

On the negative side one of my female puffers has a spot of mouth fungus that has sprung up quickly... I've started adding primafix as I've read about puffers responding well to it. One puffersite says methaline blue baths, 2 a day for a week but my chances of catching her are so low so I want to try the Primafix first - somone is now going to inevitably tell me its been debunked but its worked for me in the past at least.

Really wish I could get the limnophilla neatly trimmed on the left, but overall, from this angle I absolutely love it, looking so mature and dense now.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 22.34.33.png

Wills

Tiger Lily or Tiger Lotus?
I noticed that one of my tiger lotus was completely disconnected from the bulb, and when I moved the large lotus plant the original bulb resprouted. So now there are two plants where there was once one.

Tiger Lily or Tiger Lotus?
I noticed that one of my tiger lotus was completely disconnected from the bulb, and when I moved the large lotus plant the original bulb resprouted. So now there are two plants where there was once one.
Good question I’m not sure which it is just had it for ages it’s never done great and gone to the surface but always been healthy. I don’t think I’ve planted any parts of it where it’s now growing but the main plant did fall off the bulb when I first got it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back