Aquascaper 20g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I like the look to, but they were actually starting to grow into the sand! :0

I got through trimming/re planting/substrate vacuuming just now. I have to eat lunch, so pictures will come after. :)

Here is the tank, now that it’s had a chance to clam down:
AE51FF84-83CA-4E0E-AEAE-AA1E6951F9E0.jpeg

I’ll try to get some better photos today with my good camera.

So are you working on removing this collection of algae? Or is it incorporated into the scape? Are there shrimp in here that will appreciate the algae?
IMG_20210226_180938.jpg

So are you working on removing this collection of algae? Or is it incorporated into the scape? Are there shrimp in here that will appreciate the algae?
View attachment 129894
Eh, sort of both. I do notice they like it, but it was choking out the Java moss and the frogbit. Half of what you circled there is Java moss.

Good photos, as promised!
P1090162.JPG

P1090163.JPG

Got a beautiful shot of the frogbit while I was at it:
P1090175 (2).JPG

P1090169.JPG

Hmm.. yours looks slightly different to mine..
IMG_20210226_201546.jpg

How long do you keep your lights on mate? Seems you're constantly battling algae

Hmm.. yours looks slightly different to mine..
@mbsqw1d Yours looks similar to mine.

My lights are on for 6 hours on my shrimp tank - though the tank is right under the room light with a glass lid. The main tank's lights are both on for 8 hours, with just one on for half an hour before and after the two lights are on. I don't have algae in either of my tanks.

Explains the algae lol
It’s seemed to work super well in all my tanks so far... I have no idea what’s with this sudden algae. :dunno:

Should I try to reduce by maybe an hour or two?

It’s seemed to work super well in all my tanks so far... I have no idea what’s with this sudden algae. :dunno:

Should I try to reduce by maybe an hour or two?
I get algae from leaving mine on for 12 hours lol. I usually go 8-10

I have lowered it down to 12 hours a day and there seems to be less algae.
Ahh good, its funny that since this, I've been keeping mine on for 12 hours and my plants have been doing better lol, I also upped the fertz dosage which might have something to do with it. I think you just have to find the right balance of light cycles, placement and fertz for your specific tank and plants you're using. I heavily tan my water too so I'm forever adjusting my light placement to get enough light on the plants that are lower

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back