Aquariums buy uk

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

JohnH

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know where to get cheap, framed aquariums in the uk which arenā€™t sets? Like in the US where you can get, for example, 20 gallon long aquariums by themselves. Struggling to find anything!

Thanks

Hi,

Anyone know where to get cheap, framed aquariums in the uk which arenā€™t sets? Like in the US where you can get, for example, 20 gallon long aquariums by themselves. Struggling to find anything!

Thanks
Do you guys have things like Craigslist or Facebook marketplace?
Sites where people sell their old stuff locally.

This where I bought my 53 gallon (I bought the stand and lit/light too)

They are based in Hemel Hempstead and their own driver delivers to the room of choice for free. Very inexpensive, Diversa aquariums and stands (part of the Aquael group). I am very happy with my aquarium....and so are the fish too.

marketplace has tons...
I saw quite a few from London and within 80km at around 40-60 pounds from 100 to 200 liters
I suggest you go on marketplace if you have a car...if not...ask if the person can deliver for some extra $..they usually will if you help out with the physical part

Hi,

Thanks
Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace have loads of them.

Aquarists-classifieds.co.uk

Fish n equipment in seperate sections. Searchable by county as well.
@JohnH This is definitely a good option. Iā€™ve managed to get tonnes of secondhand equipment and fish cheaply from this site. You can sometimes get some bargains from eBay too if youā€™re willing to travel.

What size tank are you looking for? Iā€™m looking to get rid of some of my tanks

check out nacd aquariums on eBay. Might be what you are looking for.

This where I bought my 53 gallon (I bought the stand and lit/light too)

They are based in Hemel Hempstead and their own driver delivers to the room of choice for free. Very inexpensive, Diversa aquariums and stands (part of the Aquael group). I am very happy with my aquarium....and so are the fish too.
This looks great - thanks!

@JohnH This is definitely a good option. Iā€™ve managed to get tonnes of secondhand equipment and fish cheaply from this site. You can sometimes get some bargains from eBay too if youā€™re willing to travel.

What size tank are you looking for? Iā€™m looking to get rid of some of my tanks
Iā€™m looking for 30 inch x 12/15 inch x 12/15 inch if you have any!! Thanks for the advice :)

Do you guys have things like Craigslist or Facebook marketplace?
Sites where people sell their old stuff locally.
Will have a look - only thing is Iā€™m worried theyā€™re getting rid of stuff for a reason! Eg dodgy silicone or super scratched up glass. Will have a lookšŸ‘

Cheers will have a look!
marketplace has tons...
I saw quite a few from London and within 80km at around 40-60 pounds from 100 to 200 liters
I suggest you go on marketplace if you have a car...if not...ask if the person can deliver for some extra $..they usually will if you help out with the physical part

Sometimes its just taking up space in their garage/basement/attic. If damaged, an honest person would say so. I would always expect a few minor scratches and blemishes on a used tank and you can always put on new silicone. If you want a deal, used is the way to go. But with that good deal comes its small cons.

Iā€™m looking for 30 inch x 12/15 inch x 12/15 inch if you have any!! Thanks for the advice :)
One of the tanks Iā€™ve been too lazy to sell has similar dimensions to this - will send you a PM.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back