FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tyler_Fishman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I uncovered my tank today and noticed an earthy dirty smell, which I've heard is very good, appearently it means a colony of bacteria that break down waste has been established in my tank :D, what do your tanks smell like?

I uncovered my tank today and noticed an earthy dirty smell, which I've heard is very good, appearently it means a colony of bacteria that break down waste has been established in my tank :D, what do your tanks smell like?
Dirt/musty. I also have to avoid water when I first open my lid as my angels like to pop up and say "hello" since they think that the open lid means feeding time.

Dirt/musty. I also have to avoid water when I first open my lid as my angels like to pop up and say "hello" since they think that the open lid means feeding time.

Same for me, my Africans will splash me :)

My tanks smell faintly of lake water, even more so when it's time to rinse the media in the canister on the 55gal. The betta tanks smell a bit different because the temp is warmer so they're more humid, smells like it just rained on a hot summer day.

I think it may be different for larger volumes of water. My 20g smells (when you stick your nose up to it) but my 210g doesn't. Thank goodness too because you'd be able to smell that much water at the neighbors [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girls jump as soon as you put your face above the water, I dont know if they are trying to kiss me or rip my face off. Knowing my girls I think its rip my face off because when I put my fingers in the tank they attack them.

The betta tanks smell a bit different because the temp is warmer so they're more humid, smells like it just rained on a hot summer day.
Same here, My friends claim its actually pleasant and calming

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back