Aquarium sizes.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So on my stand I built there is room for me to have a 40inch long by 15 inch deep tank. I could just go for a 29 gallon, which is 30 inches long, or I could go for a 20 long which is 36.

I cant find any tanks that are 40inches long. They seem to not exist.

This will be a fry grow out tank. What would you suggest?

Tanks at least in NA are standard sizes, unless you or someone makes it from scratch. A 36-inch long tank is the largest under 40 inches. The 20g basic is 24 inches, the 20g long is 30 inches (not 36), the 29g basic is also 30 inches. Tanks at 36 inches include the narrow (12 inch width) around 30+ gallons, or the wider (18 inch width) like a 40g "breeder" and increasing volume with the height increasing.

Id almost suggest a 46 gallon bowfront... widest part is just about 17 inches though and its pretty darn deep at 24 inches deep.
But 36 inches long.

Tanks at least in NA are standard sizes, unless you or someone makes it from scratch. A 36-inch long tank is the largest under 40 inches. The 20g basic is 24 inches, the 20g long is 30 inches (not 36), the 29g basic is also 30 inches. Tanks at 36 inches include the narrow (12 inch width) around 30+ gallons, or the wider (18 inch width) like a 40g "breeder" and increasing volume with the height increasing.
Whats the difference between a "breeder" tank and a regular tank? ( I was at my LFS the other day and I saw a 30g tank and a 30g breeder tank)

Whats the difference between a "breeder" tank and a regular tank? ( I was at my LFS the other day and I saw a 30g tank and a 30g breeder tank)

I've only seen this applied to the 40g, but the designation "breeder tank" came about because the 40g (dimensions L 36 inches by W 18 inches by H 14 inches) is a popular tank for breeding cichlids. Obviously it works for many other species too, but if memory serves me it was initially the medium-small cichlids. But others can correct me. The space fro the length and width with the less height suits breeding very well.

Id almost suggest a 46 gallon bowfront... widest part is just about 17 inches though and its pretty darn deep at 24 inches deep.
But 36 inches long.
I dont think a bow front would work on my homemade stand I could make it work to have maybe 17 inches, but 15 or 16 would be better (depth wise) and max 40 long. Any height would be fine but it's on the top tier so I would have to bring in a step stool sometimes lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back