Aquarium sizes.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So on my stand I built there is room for me to have a 40inch long by 15 inch deep tank. I could just go for a 29 gallon, which is 30 inches long, or I could go for a 20 long which is 36.

I cant find any tanks that are 40inches long. They seem to not exist.

This will be a fry grow out tank. What would you suggest?

So on my stand I built there is room for me to have a 40inch long by 15 inch deep tank. I could just go for a 29 gallon, which is 30 inches long, or I could go for a 20 long which is 36.

I cant find any tanks that are 40inches long. They seem to not exist.

This will be a fry grow out tank. What would you suggest?
If it's a fry grow out tank, I suggest which ever you will be able to supply better with hides and enrichment and things that fry need (I'm not sure what though)

I would go with the a 20 long, I find my 20 long is easy to maintain and will give more surface room for more hiding places, you do not need a tall tank because you want to keep the water swallow so the fry find it easier to feed.
Would the height be beneficial once they are slightly older though?

My 20 long is a little over 12 inches high so you are giving up 6 inches or so in depth of water. Depending on what type of fish you plan on breeding that could be a factor. It has the same footprint as my 30 tall. My 20 long has 30 inches long-not 36 inches

Will be betta fry :) hopefully I'll be able to get them to breed

I just checked my 30 gallon, it looks like it is a 29 gallon by the measurements. Some one stole a gallon! 18H x12W x 30 long.

Id go 20g long.

It would be easier to divide if betta fry start becoming little turds to each other sooner :p

But its especially better for bettas since theyre slow swimmers and need to go to the surface for air.
Okay guys! It'll be wild bettas, so more peaceful

Tanks that are longer and wider are better for rearing fish because they have a bigger surface area.

Can you get a tank built that is 3 foot long x 18 inches wide x 18 inches high. Put it on a double tier stand and you have a great sized rearing tank that can be used for other things after. Then stick another tank under it :)

Tanks that are longer and wider are better for rearing fish because they have a bigger surface area.

Can you get a tank built that is 3 foot long x 18 inches wide x 18 inches high. Put it on a double tier stand and you have a great sized rearing tank that can be used for other things after. Then stick another tank under it :)
My stand is double tier :) I cant afford a custom tank right now:(

America has some stupid sized tanks. You lot need to have tanks like we do in Australia (2ft, 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, etc). They are usually 14 or 18 inches wide by 18 inches high.

America has some stupid sized tanks. You lot need to have tanks like we do in Australia (2ft, 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, etc). They are usually 14 or 18 inches wide by 18 inches high.
I agree. We also don't use the metric system, which is stupid.

@JuiceBox52, I would go with a 20g long. (Only because you have fry.)

If you wanted a nice tank for a lot of stocking, I would go with a 29g. But because you are only going to have fry, I don't recommend a 29g.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back