Aquarium reshuffle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The time has come to have a huge clearout of my Guppy fry. I have over 80 in 2 tanks Some are around 10 weeks old now, I have seperated the females from the males but i wanted to keep the nicest coloured males, I also want to keep a few females for when i want more fry.

I have a 30 Gallon which has 4 Bronze Corys & a 10 Gallon which has 10 week old Guppy fry in.
So just wondering........would it best keeping the males in the 30 G with the Corys & keeping the Females in the 10 G on there own Or Vice Versa?

I know this question depends on what i want to see really but i just wanted to ask to help me decide

Last edited:
The time has come to have a huge clearout of my Guppy fry. I have over 80 in 2 tanks Some are around 10 weeks old now, I have seperated the females from the males but i wanted to keep the nicest coloured males, I also want to keep a few females for when i want more fry.

I have a 30 Gallon which has 4 Bronze Corys & a 10 Gallon which has 10 week old Guppy fry in.
So just wondering........would it best keeping the males in the 30 G with the Corys & keeping the Females in the 10 G on there own Or Vice Versa?

I know this question depends on what i want to see really but i just wanted to ask to help me decide
Id say with you only keeping a few females they would be better in the 10g. Then you can re-introduce them to the bigger tank again in the future if you wanted to have fry again.

Thats what i was leaning towards. Luckily there are only 4 females out of 30 older fry. I have another 30ish,Swimming around in the 30G they are 2 weeks old & are just not old enough to sex yet, I have another 20 in a net but they are going tonight. So the tanks are busy at the moment.
Im just a little paranoid about stocking issues, i like to keep my tanks roomy these days as i have made plenty of overstocking issues in the past & learned very quickly that overstocking just leads to disease & ill fish
I did learn the hard way

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back