Aquarium rack front cover material PVC, PP or..?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

etaskusut

Reaction score
Hi fish lovers community, I'm currently building an aquarium rack, to make it more pleasing to the eye I'm planning to cover the rack and make aquarium front lid attached to the rack, i've done some searching, but the information available in my 3rd world country isn't sufficient.
My biggest question is which material do highends fish aquarium store use to cover their aquarium rack like in the picture #1?
And Second, any advice on how to make the lid hinges invisible as seen on picture #2?

Thank you

Attachments

• rak beta4.jpg
    rak beta4.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 243
  • rak beta5.png
    rak beta5.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 246
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I have seen shops use wooden panelling, fibre cement sheeting (plant fibre not asbestos fibre), and Perspex for the sliding fronts.

Most shops have plastic guide rails attached to wooden frames, and use the panels like sliding windows. No hinges required.

The picture Betta rack 4, has sliding panels in plastic guides.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I have seen shops use wooden panelling, fibre cement sheeting (plant fibre not asbestos fibre), and Perspex for the sliding fronts.

Most shops have plastic guide rails attached to wooden frames, and use the panels like sliding windows. No hinges required.

The picture Betta rack 4, has sliding panels in plastic guides.

Thanks for the welcome and kind reply, i've thought of using perspex/acrylic but they scratch easily and usually see trough, the sliding model isn't suited for betta rack im making, because they need constant care so more space to work with is a great help

Most reactions

Back