Aquarium plants for sale

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i can't access the link cos its uk

Not at the moment but will branching out into them and java fern I could post on here once I do if you like
Yes please! Feel free to @ me or PM me. Wouldn't be particularly opposed to some green algae if you've got any, either. Trying to grow some for my planted tank right now, so a little help would always be nice!

Are your plants snail/shrimp safe?

If you mean there fine with shrimps and snails yes as I have both in one of my tanks with it in but I can't 100% be sure there's no snails on them I do wash them and check but some can slip through undetected I'm afraid haven't had any problems yet but I don't like to say as it could happen

Yes please! Feel free to @ me or PM me. Wouldn't be particularly opposed to some green algae if you've got any, either. Trying to grow some for my planted tank right now, so a little help would always be nice!

Could you grow green algae in a vase just leave tank water in it in a window with direct sun light?

This is an important point. I have shrimps and nerite snails and when I look for plants I only buy from sellers who state they are shrimp safe. If the seller doesn't say, I won't buy from them.

Any plants grown by you will not have snail killing chemicals or other pesticides on them. It is important for your sales to state this in your listings. Those potential buyers who have shrimps and snails don't care if your plants have pest snails as long as the plants don't kill the shrimps and snails which they have paid good money for. But those potential buyers who want to avoid pest snails at all costs won't be happy if they buy your plants and get pest snails.

However, if you import plants from outside the EU to sell on, they will be treated with pesticides so you need to caution potential buyers that the plants are not shrimp or snail safe.

I see what your saying now
Yeah I don't treat them with anything I bought all mine from ebay originally and just grew them
They were all shrimp and snail safe but never knew the reason now I do I know I can add that to the description

It's all down to EU laws - we may have left but any laws made while we members have to be repealed and I don't see anyone bothering with this legislation any time soon.
Several years ago, one species of apple snail was found in a river in Spain, so the EU banned the import and spreading of all species of apple snail (this included selling snails which hatched from eggs in your own tank). In its first draft, the legislation also banned the import of plants from places where apple snails are endemic, which includes the far east where most plants were imported from. But before it became law, the legislation was amended to make it compulsory for all plants imported from countries where apple snails are endemic to be treated with a snail killing chemical.
In practical terms, this means that plants imported from outside the EU have to be treated while those grown inside the EU (or the UK) don't. But it also means that plants grown normally (not in vitro) in the EU/UK are likely to have pest snails or their eggs on them.

Letting potential buyers know the plants are shrimp safe but may have pest snails/eggs is an important selling point.

See I don't know any of this
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it as I've only just started doing this to help fund my fish tanks
I've update the listing now with this

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back