Aquarium newbie ,advice greatly received ❤️

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wiggles 67

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I have always wanted to own my ltropical fishtank , I have been slowly building up to the 70litre one that I currently have I had a few plagues and some neon tetras in it and yesterday went to my local pets at home I asked advice on various fish and was told that fis with (frilly)tails usually get eaten by fish like angel fish? Which was a shame as I would have liked some but I settled for 2angel fish ,two zebra danios a cleaner fish and 6 cardinal tetras?at the moment they are all swimming around no problem but having read up every fish reference I read on Angel fish state that they will eat the tetras??if this is true why would she of sold to me after repeatedly asking if they would all get along ok and her saying yes fine ??im now wondering whether I should take the two angels back and see if I can exchange for fish that won’t be a threat to my other ones ! I just feel it wasn’t very professional!thanks for reading ?

Hi everyone,I have always wanted to own my ltropical fishtank , I have been slowly building up to the 70litre one that I currently have I had a few plagues and some neon tetras in it and yesterday went to my local pets at home I asked advice on various fish and was told that fis with (frilly)tails usually get eaten by fish like angel fish? Which was a shame as I would have liked some but I settled for 2angel fish ,two zebra danios a cleaner fish and 6 cardinal tetras?at the moment they are all swimming around no problem but having read up every fish reference I read on Angel fish state that they will eat the tetras??if this is true why would she of sold to me after repeatedly asking if they would all get along ok and her saying yes fine ??im now wondering whether I should take the two angels back and see if I can exchange for fish that won’t be a threat to my other ones ! I just feel it wasn’t very professional!thanks for reading ?

Welcome to the forum! In general, it is better to not ask chain store for advice. My local store does well by me, but most employees are just trying to make a sale.

Do you know the ph and gh of your water (in numbers)? You can usually find this information on your water provider's website.

What are the exact dimensions of your tank?

If I am doing my conversion correctly, that comes out to under 20 gallons, and is too small for angel fish. They will get 6 inches long and 8 inches tall (15cm and 20 cm about). So yes, they can get big enough to eat the tetra if the tetra cannot run away and hide.

Can I just suggest read read read learn as much as you can about each fish you have in your tank. Then you need to watch their behavior. If you are going to have that combination of fish I would recommend that you plant your tank heavily to give each fish protection.

If I am doing my conversion correctly, that comes out to under 20 gallons, and is too small for angel fish. They will get 6 inches long and 8 inches tall (15cm and 20 cm about). So yes, they can get big enough to eat the tetra if the tetra cannot run away and hide.
Thankyou,ur right it’s about 15.4 gallons I don’t understand why she sold two to me then do you reckon I have grounds to take them back to exchange for something different??

Thankyou,ur right it’s about 15.4 gallons I don’t understand why she sold two to me then do you reckon I have grounds to take them back to exchange for something different??
I would think so, my non-chain LFS does, but not sure of your local practices.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back