Aquarium Netting

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mark4785

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am looking for a large piece of netting with the same size holes that you would expect to see in an aquarium net with a handle that is used to catch fish.

I just need the netting itself, not the handle.

The netting would need to be about 20cm by 60cm.

Where could I source something like this?

I am looking for a large piece of netting with the same size holes that you would expect to see in an aquarium net with a handle that is used to catch fish.

I just need the netting itself, not the handle.

The netting would need to be about 20cm by 60cm.

Where could I source something like this?
Ebay/Amazon will be you best bet

Could you not use something like this?
Screenshot_20210703-235252_eBay.jpg

Its insect netting of Ebay

Could you not use something like this? View attachment 139386
Its insect netting of Ebay

Yes that is very suitable thanks. Do you think it would be safe for use with fish? I guess anything to do with insects might be stocked near insecticides which is a bit of a worry.

Yes that is very suitable thanks. Do you think it would be safe for use with fish? I guess anything to do with insects might be stocked near insecticides which is a bit of a worry.
If you go to a garden centre you'll find it, or carrot fly netting, with the other crop protection items. They are stored separately from pesticides. I don't know about online providers though.

It should be fine. Just rinse thoroughly before use.

its called mosquitoe netting and is available from anywhere that sells material to make clothes

maybe go to a camping store and buy a mosquitoe net and cut it up or look on ebay for mosquitoe netting

Thanks for all of the help. I ended up obtaining some white netting that would traditional keep bugs and butterflies away from leaves in the UK.

I have some Discus fry in my tank which 2 parent Discus are guarding so I have needed to create a white barrier to separate them from the other Discus. Im hopeful that when the fry are free swimming that they will not get passed the netting and not attracted to it either as I know they are attracted to black surfaces.

Would tulle work? The stuff for tutus and in weddings?
Sorry didn't see you got the netting. Hope it worked out for you.

The fry are starting to become free-swimming now and the netting is working perfectly!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back