Aquarium magnets

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mark4785

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Are there any magnets on the market that are safe to use in the aquarium? Im looking for something similar to the Zoo Med Mag clip but perhaps just a magnet without the plastic or screw on clip. I would need approximately 15-20 pieces.

Any advice is appreciated.

There's nothing in an aquarium for a magnet to stick to.

Why do you need a magnet in the fish tank?
If it's for holding food, there are suction cups that have clamps specifically for fish tanks.

What do you need it for? You could probably fabricate something out of a mag-float algae cleaner.

I have another thread where I obtained white netting to create a barrier between my community fish and a pair of discus and their fry. I have threaded a series of ties through the netting which in turn are threaded through a series of suction cups to hold it in place against the glass. It would make life a lot easier to just have a series of magnets (one with positive and one negative attraction for either side of the glass pane) to hold the netting in place.

I have another thread where I obtained white netting to create a barrier between my community fish and a pair of discus and their fry. I have threaded a series of ties through the netting which in turn are threaded through a series of suction cups to hold it in place against the glass. It would make life a lot easier to just have a series of magnets (one with positive and one negative attraction for either side of the glass pane) to hold the netting in place.
The magnets I referred to would work great for that. I had made my first DIY foam background for my 75 gallon tank and had a dozen embedded in the background and more to hold it out of the tank. Had no issues with them being exposed in the tank/rusting or affecting any equipment or animals and it was in there for over 2.5 years.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back