Aquarium Lights

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sexy Rexy

Reaction score
Hi all,
About 2 months ago I purchased a 75 gallon setup that came with tank, filter and lights. Iā€™m not completely satisfied with the lights that came with it. I like the fact that it can be switched between white light and ā€œmoonlightā€ but there are two things I have an issue with. One is the fact that the white lights arenā€™t bright enough. The other is the fact that although the light assembly fits the tank, there is about 7 inches on each end that donā€™t have lights leaving those two end area fairly dim. Iā€™ve seen all sorts of different lighting setups that will fit the full 48 inches of the tank but you canā€™t really tell how long the actual lights extend the entire 48 inches. Any recommendations?

Hi all,
About 2 months ago I purchased a 75 gallon setup that came with tank, filter and lights. Iā€™m not completely satisfied with the lights that came with it. I like the fact that it can be switched between white light and ā€œmoonlightā€ but there are two things I have an issue with. One is the fact that the white lights arenā€™t bright enough. The other is the fact that although the light assembly fits the tank, there is about 7 inches on each end that donā€™t have lights leaving those two end area fairly dim. Iā€™ve seen all sorts of different lighting setups that will fit the full 48 inches of the tank but you canā€™t really tell how long the actual lights extend the entire 48 inches. Any recommendations?
My favorite LEDS are the Current Satellite LED Plus, so many color variations to choose from....and if you spend a little more, the Satellite Pros can be scheduled to come on/off at certain intervals

Reactions: 663
My favorite LEDS are the Current Satellite LED Plus, so many color variations to choose from....and if you spend a little more, the Satellite Pros can be scheduled to come on/off at certain intervals
Thanks again Slaphppy7,
Do you know if the lights would cover the full 48 inches, end to end and not leave dim areas?

Nicrew makes an excellent line of bar LED lights, and they are rather inexpensive for such a great light.

If you have a higher budget, I would look at Fluval or Current.

Thanks Phoenix,
Iā€™ll have to check those out as well. Itā€™s funny, as I never saw myself as a tropical fish kind of person but Iā€™ve quickly become addicted.

Thanks once again for the recommendation. Looks like an awesome setup! Iā€™ll have to start saving my pennies.?
More than welcome, I love mine, I have 3, 1 on the 10G, the 29G, and the 40B...and I'd have them on my 5.5G QT tanks too, if they made them that small....

Thanks Phoenix,
Iā€™ll have to check those out as well. Itā€™s funny, as I never saw myself as a tropical fish kind of person but Iā€™ve quickly become addicted.
I started like many, trying to help my daughter with a new tank, about 8 years ago....she's grown and gone, and I have 5 tanks of my own now....."MTS", they call it*

*Multiple Tank Syndrome*

So, Slap, I get the idea that you like Current LED+ lights...true???

Anyway. I used to have a Current Satellite and they are a great light. I agree with PK that the Nicrew lights are a great deal for the money, if you don't need all the fancy bells and whistles.

So, Slap, I get the idea that you like Current LED+ lights...true???
Astute observation!

Must be from our history on another forum...?

Seriously though, they really are a great lighting choice, and now I see the "Plus" edition even comes with a 24H timer, which none of mine had at the time...customer service is great, too, I did have one fail under the warranty period, and it was promptly replaced..

Infinite amount of color combinations, fun to play with, and the built-in color-changing schemes are nice

There are other brands out there that do pretty much the same stuff, I just tend to stick with what has worked for me

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back