Aquarium Glue

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Falling_Petal

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, hope all is ok
What glue can i use for Aquarium - I want to stick plastic on plastic that will remain submersed in Aquarium.

You can use silicone. Just plain silicone not any of the bathroom / kitchen sealants with bactericides.
Also superglue works well and is perfectly safe (but it does dry white). For either make sure it is properly dried and cured before putting in the tank. For superglue we're only talking 5 minutes but I would leave silicone at least 72 hours or more.

Look for cyanoacrylate, it's enert in water so it's the best superglue for the aquarium

You can use silicone. Just plain silicone not any of the bathroom / kitchen sealants with bactericides.
Also superglue works well and is perfectly safe (but it does dry white). For either make sure it is properly dried and cured before putting in the tank. For superglue we're only talking 5 minutes but I would leave silicone at least 72 hours or more.
Can you tell me what brand of Superglue please ?

If you are looking for a brand I have recently used Gorilla Glue, cyanoacrylate, gel glue to put some java fern on a rock. I used baking soda to speed up the cure, dusting the rock with the baking soda first. I rinsed the rock after 30 minutes, and put the rock into the tank. Way easier than trying to tie the plants on. The other brands are likely similar, I just used the first I could find.

If you are looking for a brand I have recently used Gorilla Glue, cyanoacrylate, gel glue to put some java fern on a rock. I used baking soda to speed up the cure, dusting the rock with the baking soda first. I rinsed the rock after 30 minutes, and put the rock into the tank. Way easier than trying to tie the plants on. The other brands are likely similar, I just used the first I could find.
I'm a big fan for gluing instead of tying myself. I'm all thumbs when I try tying thread.
I don't even think the baking soda is necessary. If the material is damp, that moisture speeds up the curing process of the cyanoacrylate. I just hold it in place for 30-45 seconds, then leave it to set a little more for a few minutes. Then into the tank.

Try to use as little glue as possible. The excess glue can become unsightly white globs in the water. I don't think it's dangerous. It just looks sloppy.

Try to use as little glue as possible. The excess glue can become unsightly white globs in the water. I don't think it's dangerous. It just looks sloppy.
Try sprinkling a little substrate over the glued bits while it's still wet to camouflage it 👍🏻

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back